"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Friday, August 31, 2007

So Much To Do...So Little Fun...

Holiday weekend. Lots of fun.
Also lots of time to get stuff done.
Seriously, why would anyone travel and party on a holiday weekend when they could stay home and clean the garage?

My dear wife has headed off to the big city to shop with a friend for the day. So while I have two of my own kids and a friend's son here, I am also being kept company by a wonderful invention called the "To Do List."

As a means of accountability, I will publish my list here. Then when the weekend is over the whole world (or at least both of my blog visitors) can check and see how productive I've been.

TO DO LIST
(for the whole family for the whole weekend)

  1. Weed the landscaping
  2. Clean the garage
  3. Powerwash the siding
  4. Clean bathrooms
  5. Mop
  6. Vacuum
  7. Dust
  8. Organize the master closet
  9. Clean the pool (inflatable)
  10. Clean out fridge
  11. Clean bottom of pantry
  12. Clean our school room
  13. Scrub the kitchen trash can
  14. Rehang a fallen mirror
Unfortunately, my temperament is perfectly designed to trade in that list for :

1. Sleep in
2. Eat cereal for lunch
3. Watch High School Music 2 again with the girls
4. Swim
5. Nap
6. Order pizza

You get the idea. This weekend will be a time that tries this man's soul. But with the help of dear wife and children, we'll knock off at least 3 things from the top list...and everything from the second list.

4 comments:

javamamma said...

Hope you all have a productive weekend. If you can cross 8 things off a list - any list - I'd say that's pretty good!

Tracy said...

Good luck with that first list, I do like the second list a little better. If you only pick three maybe shoot for: rehang fallen mirror, scrub the kitchen trash can and vacuum, then go swim, by then you will be ready for that nap. Enjoy have a great weekend. Tracy

Gayle said...

I hate to say it, but Cindy's list was so impressive that all I could think about was the list I need to make for Chris. I'm sure he'll be grateful. I remind him to thank you for this post later.

Cindy said...

I have to admit, honey, I really like your #6 a lot. I'm all for that one!