"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Really Expensive Antiperspirant for Girls

Did you know that girls sweat? It's true; they do. Evidently, my wife has been using deodorant for years, so I never knew that females had sweat glands. I just assumed whatever glandular activity they had going on produced the sweet frangrance of sun-ripened raspberries, glazed pears or sugared kumquats.

Turns out that these smells are products of Bath & Body Works. The products of my daughters' armpits are quite different from those. Actually, they smell kind of like boys in a way.

I'm not writing this to embarrass girls or hurt anyone's feelings.

I'm writing to justify our purchase of a used pop-up camper with AIR CONDITIONING. The thought of being trapped with four sweaty little girls in a toaster on wheels just wasn't appealing.

I'm welcoming any suggestions of places to take my air-conditioned camper and its dry, unsmelly inhabitants. Been to some great destinations? Campgrounds? Tourist traps?

4 comments:

javamamma said...

Enjoy your new air conditioned, unsmelly camper...wherever you go.

bloomyjill said...

Go West, my friend! Crawford, Nebraska to Fort Robinson State Park. Ross would become a ranch hand there if I'd let him quit his day job! We miss it daily! You'd definitely need that air-conditioning this time of year! There's surprisingly a lot to do in the 50-mile radius. Lots of hiking and history. Plus, an awesome chuckwagon breakfast! ;-)

Gayle said...

Hmmm, I hear Washington State is the BEST place to camp! And I have a nice big driveway waiting for you guys!

javamamma said...

Reading the above comment... if you end up in Crawford, you BETTER bring your wife to see me.