"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Friday, August 3, 2007

Spending More Time with the Missus...

Like many really good husbands, I've been to a number of marriage conferences. I've learned to love and respect my wife. I've studied her love language and have even managed to speak it a couple times. And I know that for our marriage to really work, we have to spend some "quality time" together.

Seeing as how she has become a prolific blogger, I have decided that I will need to venture deep into the blogosphere in order to spend more time with her.

That's not to imply that I anticipate using our respective blogs as our main forum for telling each other "I love you," "don't forget to pick the kids up," or "that shirt does NOT match those pants or any other pants from recent decades."

No. It's more likely that we'll end up using our blogs as the playing field for our competition of who can be the more impressive parent, spouse, and contributor to the general welfare of society.

Go ahead and put all your money on HER. After all, she's a stay-at-home mom of four, so she has all the time in the world to hone her craft while I slave away working all day, only to come home exhausted and work more until I pass out watching reality TV. (I know you're thinking I'm a jerk for implying that stay-at-home moms have tons of time and don't do a lot. But seriously, check out her blog. How else could she have the time to blog like Dostoyevski if she really had spent all day laundering, cooking, teaching, paying bills, cleaning, disciplining, etc.)
Well, Baby [speaking to my dear wife now]. I can't wait to bump into you out here in cyberinternetoblogoland. So you'll be sure to recognize me, I'll be the one with macaroni & cheese on my lapel, lounging on the couch...asleep.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Love you, baby! Can't wait to read all your brilliant words!

David said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Ironic we were just talking about this the other day...

Stacy said...

Welcome to the blogosphere.
I love your funny wife!

~Stacy

JoAnn said...

Hi. I read you wife's blog, and thought I would stop by and say hi. Hope you have fun with your new blog. :)
JoAnn

Tech Daddy said...

I understand. That's how I got into blogging as well. It was a progression. My wife started reading a couple of blogs. Then it was a lot of blogs. Then she decided to blog. She got involved with the "Works for Me Wednesdays" and other such cross linking bloggity stuff and had a lot of people come by and visit her blog.

So, since I had some free time on my hands in the evenings because she was blogging and it's all reruns or junk on TV, I decided to blog too.