"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Works For Me Wednesdays - Velveeta

I can't really claim this for my own. The credit goes straight to my mom.

I'm a cheese-addict, a cheese-fiend, a cheese-aholic. If it was safe to fill needles with cheese and inject them straight into my veins, I would. But, alas, I shan't. I think I saw a CSI where someone died this way. Don't try it.

So Mom would put melted Velveeta (yes, it's made from real cheese...somewhere in its lineage) on green beans, broccoli, peas. Generally, anything green became more edible once hidden under a heavenly layer of delicious cheese.

And since Velveeta is so creamy, I assume it slides through my veins without clogging them like other cheeses.

So slather it on for any of your kids who refuse to eat their vegetables. I know it's not genius, but hey! It works for me! And I turned out okay, right?

For more Works For Me Wednesday ideas, check out this cool site each Wednesday for links to a gizillion other ideas.

4 comments:

Mrs. Jones said...

I'll do whatever it takes to get them to eat the green stuff! I'm buying a block of Velveeta today.

Totallyscrappy said...

Velveeta is wonderful stuff, isn't it? The kids love it on their veggies.
mudpiestodragonflies.blogspot.com

What Works For Us said...

i so agree with you. velveeta and duct tape are staples in this house! :)

beth said...

Hey, I just found you through Cindy's blog. You just couldn't let her get ahead of you in the whole blogland thing, huh? You two crack me up. You're a great team. And as for velvetta...it is the best!