"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Sunday, September 9, 2007

Feelings...Sunday?

Is it O.K. to have Feelings Friday on Sunday instead? Sorry. It's just been crazy. I've been Mr. Mom for a few days. (Translated "Wife is out of town. Time to teach the children how to play Texas Hold-Em.")

Two days ago, wife Cindy headed off to Tennessee with several friends from our church.

I could easily go back and read emails or do a google search and find out the name of the conference they're attending, but to save time I'll just refer to it as "Cindy's Quest to Breathe the Same Air as Beth Moore and Mandisa."

I know it's much more than that. Rumor has it that it's a serious spiritual weekend for women with a number a fantastic women preaching the Word (or "teaching" for those who need smelling salts every time you hear of women "preaching.")

I am so thankful my wife has opportunities like this, and not only because we can let the house enjoy a little entropy for three days. I know that she's been blessed by God's Word and by God's people...the people up on stage as well as the people in the rows surrounding her.

I even heard that these ladies were...crying! Not that this is a difficult feat if the rest of the female population has tear glands even half as sensitive to being triggered as my wife's. But when someone up on stage can connect with your heart, and the singing and music floods the room chasing out distraction, you can have thousands of women's hearts beating in perfect spiritual unity...

I am so glad my wife gets to experience this. And I'm glad I'll get to hear all about it, almost like I was there, but without having to leave the comfort of my home (which I now have eight hours to clean before she gets home).

2 comments:

chickadee said...

and that's why i'm over here, reading your blog. cindy's away and i'm missing her regularly scheduled post.

(not that you aren't a fabulous blogger too.)

Liza's Eyeview said...

Oh, you're so good to let her go to that "breathing the same air as Beth Moore and Mandisa". Bless you.

Maybe start the kids with Bunco instead of Texas Hold-Em. Then your wife can play with them when she comes home ;)