"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Thursday, October 25, 2007

May the Voice Be With You

My voice started failing around lunch time yesterday.
I have to admit, on the spectrum of completely losing your voice to completely having it, the worst point is somewhere in the middle. I would SO rather have no voice than to have what I had yesterday afternoon
To get a feel for that precise spot on the spectrum, all you have to do is close your eyes and travel back to puberty, that hideously awful period in time when 12-year-old boys answer the phone and are mistaken for their 30-something mothers. Could anything be more humiliating for a boy going through "the change?"

Yesterday came close. But at least I knew there was light at the end of the tunnel. My friends and coworkers would only be mocking me for a day or two.

In the meantime, if you dare call me on the phone and mistake me for my mom, I will surely scream in your ear till it bleeds...well I WOULD, if I had a voice.

4 comments:

javamamma said...

Hehehehe.....
Sorry, I find myself giggling a bit on this one.

Tessa said...

I always wanted to have a raspy voice. As a little girl I used to try to scream as loud as I could for as long as I could to try to lose my voice. You lucky duck.

carrie said...

Umm...hehe...I doubt I would mistake you for your mom...since I've never spoken with either of you ;)

Annette said...

Just want you to know that my entire family feel that the best Thanksgiving we ever had was when my brother-in-law lost his voice. What sweet silence we had! Even his wife thought so!