"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Friday, October 12, 2007

Not That Chocolate's Bad Or Anything

Every year my wife hosts the decadently indulgent "Choctoberfest" at our home.

Typically, there are 30-70 women filling our home to the rafters, each bringing a chocolate creation of some kind. Then they eat and laugh and eat some more. It really is a joy.

However, I'm trying to figure out what the guy version would be. And here's what I've come up with so far.

Drum roll, please...

CHEESE-TOBERFEST!

Fried cheese, nachos and cheese, pizza, cheeseburgers, veggies smothered in cheese (in case my mom is reading), cheese balls, cheese puffs, Cheez-its, and then a hundred-and-one varieties of cheese to slice or spread with crackers.

And instead of sitting around talking (girl activity), the guys would watch t.v., play video games, grunt, scratch themselves and lie about fishing or whatever.

Granted, Cheesetoberfest might be too close to Choctoberfest, so we might need to move it to Cheese-emberfest or Cheeseuaryfest. Or perhaps Cheesentine's Day or St. Cheese-rick's Day.

But why think too hard when all my friends in cyberinternetoblogoland probably have even BETTER ideas?

5 comments:

Gayle said...

I've got this half used box of Velveeta in my fridge and everytime I open the door I think of you and your cheese addiction. How can you even call that gelatinous orange thing cheese?

I think you should call it constipation-fest because that's what's gonna happen if you eat all that stuff.

Annette said...

I think you should nix it all together because absolutely no one, including the male species, would have a party celebrating cheese. How disgusting...at least, chocolate has heart healthy anti-oxidents. What good can be said for cheese...right...NOTHING!

Heather said...

How 'bout New Year's Cheese? Or Cheester? And you'll have to hand out Metamucil as your guests come in. Or the next day will be Constipation Fest. Too funny!

carrie said...

Wouldn't that be a football party?

javamamma said...

I think you better do your cheesy-fest in October so I can come to Cindy's fest and my hubby would gladly join yours. He'll bring the salsa to put on the cheese.