"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Phone Book Works For Me

I hunger so for knowledge.
Doesn't matter where I am.
Fortunately, I have one of those Blackberry thingies with email and internet and such.
With that I can Google stuff and not have to stress too long about "What WERE those lyrics to that one 80's song?" (I obsess over stupid stuff sometimes.)

But, before the Blackberry (and possibly AFTER the Blackberry if I ever go back to just a regular cell phone), I kept a handy resource in my car under the driver's seat.

The Phone Book. With yellow AND white pages.

That way, no matter where I was in town, I could verify the address of my destination--because I would NOT be stopping to ask directions. Or I could call restaurants to make reservations. Or call a towing service. Whatever. It's just a handy little resource that's useful in so many ways.

It would also be helpful to have a printed directory of lyrics from 80's songs.

for other practical ideas each Wednesday check out all the Works For Me Wednesday ideas over at Rocks In My Dryer. (Warning. It's mostly ideas from what looks like a bunch of smart moms, so don't expect a lot of lame suggestions like mine.)

2 comments:

carrie said...

Just wanted you to know that I still use a phone book. I have several of them, in fact.

Good suggestion on the eighties lyrics. And I would be a shell of a woman without IMDB to look up all those actors I've seen somewhere before and just can't remember. My year without the internet was a miserable time of constant obsession during movie viewing.

javamamma said...

I think we used to keep a phone book in the car, back in the day. You know, the day before text-ing 'google' on my Razr.