"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Friday, December 28, 2007

Lowes Knows...But I Don't

Blessed joy of joys, for Christmas I received a number of gift cards for Lowes Home Improvement Mecca and Shrine.

Perhaps you (or your husband or your dad or your wacky Mr.-Roper-Like landlord) have discovered fantastic new tools or gadgets by which our lives may be revolutionized.

I like power tools, but I don't know what to get next.

Maybe a router? (I already have a router table; go figure.)
Maybe a jigsaw or scrollsaw? For woodsy, crafty things.
Maybe a soldering iron. For ironing my solders.
What's cool and useful out there?

I just don't know.
Do YOU?

If I don't buy a man tool, the giftcard may get sucked up by carpet, countertops, lightbulbs and such. And none of THOSE things will put a follicle of hair on your chest.

Maybe a jackhammer? A testosterone-powered metal bender? Explosives for digging a hole for a pool?
(Great. With the word "explosives," I think I've just been flagged by Homeland Security or CTU.)

9 comments:

javamamma said...

I bought my hubby a vice this year. He's filled with joy!

Billie said...

I find a jigsaw or a miter saw with the double bevel feature to be very handy. If you don't have one yet - try a Dremel tool - I got one for Christmas and I love it. The next item we are looking into buying is a table saw. I guess it depends what type of projects you are tackling. We are redoing a bunch of floors and all of the above come in handy. If you are doing tile - how about a tile cutter? Happy shopping!

FabTheMayor said...

Assuming you already have a battery-powered drill (we have a Dewalt and love it) I'd go for the jigsaw or miter saw. Just remember, the tool you pick out will be directly proportional to the "honey do's" your wife has on her list : )

Lysa TerKeurst said...

I say you buy some kind of carving tool that will allow you to make some real bona-fide clippy clappy shoes for your poor little plastic shoe wearing girls!

Or a new granite counter top for Cindy.

Because you know you want to do the right thing and all!

Tech Daddy said...

Since you already have a router table, get the router to complete the set. Or get a table saw, or a compound miter saw, or plumbing soldering kit (good if you like to play with fire), or any number of other tools that have the potential to create or to destroy and maim, depending on your skill level.

Becky K. said...

Hey Scott,

I did some research. I asked two real men this question as they were watching football...this means they were at their "manliest" right then...
They said SAWZALL...
Does that mean anything to you?

Glad to be of service, :-)
Becky K.

Carrie said...

Scott---
Yes, yes, yes, and oh yes...I highly recommend getting Miss Patty Cake to a church near you. She's fabulous and a great outreach for preschoolers and their parents.

Mr. E said...

I got a pair of electric scissors for Christmas from Home Depot. I love 'em. Happy New Year.

Gayle said...

I asked Chris and he said he felt like a real man when he got a tool belt with a hammer in it. (I'm sure you probably have one.) But the fascinating part was when he described it he immediately became bow legged and turned into a gun toting cowboy with a holster and a swagger from a long ride. He would have spit if he wasn't standing in the middle of the kitchen.