"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Unbelievably Weird Facts About Me

Tech Daddy tagged me to tell 5 Weird Facts about me. Thanks a bunch. I feel kind of naked and vulnerable. (I guess that comes with blogging in the buff. Just kidding.)

It really is hard to limit it to just 5, but I'm sure everyone says that, right?

1. I like to dress up in costumes. I have a superhero costume called "VBXMan," a pirate costume for "Cap'n Scott," my "Doctor Uh-Oh" costume and a store manager costume. Sometimes it's just fun to play pretend. Usually the costumes are for children's events at church, but they get recycled at Halloween and trips to Mexico.

2. I cannot take my eyes off of those queer dancing people on the online mortgage ads. I hate them with a violent passion, but I HAVE to watch them just in case there's a new dance move I want to learn.

3. Speaking of Dancing, I was in a Spanish dance group in high school. An activity in Spanish class evolved into a group of us learning some native dances and traveling to elementary schools and performing in assemblies. To the music of "La Bamba," Brittney Puetz and I would dance while kicking a long satin ribbon on the ground until we had formed it into a lovely bow.

4. I am one of four boys, and yet I now have four GIRLS. I knew nothing about girls (or women), so God obviously had in mind for me to finally learn something. They are a different beast, oh yes they are.

5. I am not an athlete by any stretch of the imagination. I played soccer once in second grade, and that's it. But now I organize and direct a basketball league and a soccer league with more than 200 kids involved. I really should learn some of the rules of these sports.

Gee, those last two don't really count as weird probably. So for a bonus, here's more:

6. When I drive, I often keep rhythm in my mind with the spaces in between the dotted line on the road. Usually I grind my teeth in steady rhythm. I don't know why. It's some kind of obsessive compulsive thing, because I don't even realize I'm doing it most of the time until I suddenly feel my jaw is tired. Sweet relief, though, when I get to a solid line or no-passing zone. Whew.

7. I LOVE to clean my ears with q-tips. I'll just dig away like I'm scraping the last bit of ice cream out of a tub of Ben & Jerry's. I go way deeper than the manufacturers recommend, but it feels sooooooooooo good.

Now you know me so much better. And therefore I expect readership of this blog to be cut in half immediately.

Big Doofus, I'm not sure if you've been tagged for this or something like this, but if I at least say I'm tagging you, I won't have to experience the curse of the broken tag chain.

13 comments:

David said...

Oh man these are great! Spanish dancer, eh? Now that's something I'd like to see! And I'm trying to understand #6, but I just don't... Hmmm... I guess that's why these are "weird" facts.

javamamma said...

OK weird to me is that my hubby also comes from a home of boys only (just 3) and then we have girls only (just 3). God has something way special for you guys! ;) My husband says God knew he needed lotsa luuuuv.

The q-tip thing? I TOTALLY understand.

Cindy said...

I didn't know #6 about you! Weird is right.

Emily said...

You played soccer once in 2nd grade? I'm mystified. I figured you for an athlete. At least curling (it's an Olympic sport ya know) or squash or something like that.

What about skiing?

Big Doofus said...

1. COSTUMES
This sounds really personal...Where can I get a superhero costume?

2. ONLINE MORTGAGE ADS
This is so weird because I cannot stop watching those ads, too. They are disturbing and pleasing at the same time.

3. SPANISH DANCING
Hmm...reminds me of a line from the song "Mr. Jones" by Counting Crows

So come dance this silence down through the morning
Sha la la la la la la la la
Cut up, Maria! show me some of that spanish dancing
Pass me a bottle, Mr. Jones
Believe in me
Help me believe in anything cause
I want to be someone who believes


I believe in your Spanish dancin' power. However, it sort of reminds me of the Happy Hands Club from Napoleon Dynamite

5. ATHLETICS
I was never an athlete growing up as well and yet I've coached baseball, basketball, softball and soccer. It's more about acting like you know what you're doing--just like work.

7. Q-TIPS
Do you drive a burgundy Pontiac?
http://bigdoofus.blogspot.com/2007/
04/q-tips-out-window.html

My wife will be so upset because I never do these tags, but I'm going to do this one. Thanks.

Sniz said...

Hey, that's my brother in that mortgage, dancing ad!

Tyna said...

Thanks for posting these! A great perk for an otherwise drab day...

Mr. E said...

I like your list...I was tagged also! I guess we all do our part to make the world a stranger place one weird thing at a time.

Lysa TerKeurst said...

Too funny!
I'm with Cindy--- numbers six and seven take the cake for weirdness. Or maybe I should say take the ear wax.
LOL-
By the way, go tell your wife how beautiful and young that she is!
Smiles!!!

Tech Daddy said...

Thanks for accepting the tag. I just had to share the weirdness.

Cindy Swanson said...

You are FUNNY, and I love to laugh...so you're getting added to my blogroll immediately!

Gayle said...

Somehow I'm picturing you cleaning your ears and your leg is shaking like when you hit a good spot on the dogs belly. Please tell me it isn't true so I can get that image out of my head!

The Bargain Shopper Lady said...

I read your better half's blog (wife) and this is maybe the second time I have hopped over to yours. After reading all these things I can see that you would be an awesome dad for girls. My husband is exact opposite of you, he would never wear a costume and played soccer in college, and we have all boys! This proves God knows what He is doing!:)