"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Yes, I'm Wearing My Powder Blue Tux...


I’ve seen more than a few people celebrate their 100th (or 10th if they're slower typers) post, and quite honestly, I had wondered, “Why in the world do they think anyone cares about how many posts you’ve written?”

But that was before I reached that milestone myself.

Now I understand completely. You must think this is the most awesome achievement in the world

So welcome to my extravagant 100th-Post Celebration! Please find your seat. You’ll see that there are place cards at the various linen-covered and orchid-festooned tables around the room. Those of you who’ve been dropping by here longer and commenting more will find your names closer to the stage up front. You’ll notice a couple of celebrities like StillHisGirl , but only so many people will get to sit at her table. I apologize for those who have to sit at tables with the likes of Slanderer and DeathByAsphyxiation. Maybe next year you’ll rank.

Our host and emcee tonight is Emily from TheLearningNeverStops. She really wanted this gig badly because she heard she would get to do lots of wardrobe changes at commercial breaks, and she is sooooo into the sequins. Emily, we’d love to hear your descriptions of some of the outfits that Vera Wang has made just for you for this occasion.

Gayle at Grace4Gayle is in charge of the catering. Inspired by her relatively new thrifty shopping and menu-planning blog, I selected her because I knew she could feed all of our guests tonight with my whopping budget of $50. (I think she’s going to try to spend less, because I told her she can keep whatever money she has left.) So Gayle, please comment and let us know what delicacies you’ve prepared.

BigDoofus is working up a monologue and a slideshow with flashbacks from the previous 99 posts. Be sure to have a tissue handy. Rumor has it that it may be quite emotional.

I think we may also have a surprise appearance by Tim from Duckabush. The paparazzi are hoping he’ll bring the fabled Scrabble Tile which has become almost legendary. Maybe you can even get your picture taken with it.

And Javamamma has prepared a Haiku which I hope she’ll leave in the comments as well. Who doesn’t love a good haiku?

To honor the rest of my favorite visitors (which are ALL my visitors), we’ll also have an open mic so that you can each share you’re fondest memories and life-changing moments from these first 100 posts.

Then it’s off to the After Party at Cracker Barrel (all commenters welcome) where we’ll eat, drink, dance the Chicken Dance and look forward to what’s in store for the next 100 posts…Robot dogs? Meals in a pill? Manned flights to Mars? Kids that clean up their rooms when asked?

So thank you, thank you, thank you to all my new friends and old. It has been a pleasure writing my drivel and going to your blogs to read yours. So many of us are going through this same journey of raising kids and surviving marriage, and it’s been wonderful to do that together in a way. You’ve made me laugh and cry, and often both at the same time.

Oooh…I almost forgot. I’m looking for what to put in the gift bags. Every celebration like this needs gift bags for the guests, right? So if you want to make an imaginary contribution for that, just say so in the comments, and we’ll oooh and aaah at your imaginary generosity.

Thanks again to everyone who reads this blog and made me the blogger I am today.

I truly love both of you.

24 comments:

javamamma said...

Sheesh, a little warning woulda been nice. But here's a little somethin' off the top o' my head....

Scott the Super Dad
Blogs 'bout his life with Cindy
Ever makes us glad

Lame. Sorry. Happy 100th!

Gift bags should definitely include dark chocolate and a small bag of Starbuck's Komodo Dragon beans. I'll get right on that.

David said...

You are hilarious. How you come up with this stuff is beyond me. But it certainly is entertaining to read. I know I'm not the best bloggy buddy, but hopefully I'm invited to the after party! Sounds like a blast.

Cindy said...

Thank you for letting me just come to the party and not have to have any responsibilities. I'll just look lovely in my fancy dress.

Jaki said...

I'm with Javamamma - any respectable gift bag would include chocolate!! Since I live near Hershey, PA, I "imagine" that I would fill those bags up with Hershey chocolate products. Congratulations on your 100th post AND your 14th wedding anniversary!!

Gayle said...

$50 dollars for how many people? You all are gonna have to drink tap water and eat saltines. Me and my man are using the leftover $49 to hit the all you can eat buffet at Mandalay Bay. Crag legs anyone?

Emily said...

You are totally metrose*ual. How any man would know that I type in sequin gowns is beyond me.

The glamour that is Emily is a bit to shiny (chiny if your a latina)to be contained on one blog...glad to expand onto your blog.

and to steal Javamamma's thunder....my haiku to start the night...

Lover of Cindy
Battlestar Galactica
taste personified.

thankyou (bow) thankyou. (curtsy)

Emily said...

oh, and there are bags of candy for all. w/ cash. lots of cash.

Billie said...

I want to add some "class" to this party - how about some glowing wine glasses. Using these (http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/kitsch-daft/glowing-glasses/index.html) you could save money on the electric bill and still see all those shiny dresses sparkle.
Happy 100th!

Becky K. said...

This is some party!

How kind of you to invite us...

I am definitely looking forward to the next 100 posts!

You are the very best kind of a "nut"!

SO, that being said, the gift bag should have some kind of chocolate covered nut in it.

Congratulations on this wordy achievement.

Becky K.

EEEEMommy said...

Talk about an all-star cast!
I hear you like cheese. I'm bringing my favorite for the party bags: Boursin. And Town House crackers. Nothing but the best! :)
Happy 100th! :)

Marmee said...

I'll bring the Laughing Cow little cheese wedges with some reduced fat Triscuit for the AFTER party party. Will any celebs or debs be attending? One can only hope! I'll also bring some packets of Chai Tea mix and Jelly Bellies for the gift bags. I"m so excited, I'm all jittery right now.

Is my pale pink taffeta prom dress OK? Or does that scream "I'm a housewife who doesn't get out much"? All my other gowns are still at the cleaners, after a busy Christmas party season. It will have to do.

Funny joke man Scott
His wife Cindy is jammin'
Four cute girls, how blessed!

Mr. E said...

Happy 100th Post! For my 100th post I listed 100 interesting facts about me! My wife did the same thing for hers! Love the posts, keep on blogging!

carrie said...

WOOT! Congrats!

Ronnica said...

Happy 100! Thanks for the laughs...

(sounds like a yearbook signing)

Sniz said...

I guess I get to sit towards the front since Big Doofus is doing the slide show? I have to warn you, though, although he tries to be all sensitive and stuff, his work usually just turns out bizarre. (He loves to talk about cheese.)

Gayle said...

I guess I'll take this opportunity to de-lurk. :)
What's a party without a few uninvited guests, huh?
The "other" Gayle

MyBestInvest said...

If the "narcissistic sibling who has to make everything about him/her" role isn't already filled at this party, I'm your man.

Great post. Here's to the next 100!

Tech Daddy said...

Congrats on 100 posts.

Big Doofus said...

100 "blog" posts for Scott...who would have imagined? Scott pleaded with me to prepare a slide show and do a monologue. The slide show will actually be a full multi-media presentation but it's simply not ready. I still have to collect more pictures of saboos grazing in the fields. As for the monologue, I've actually outsourced that project to India. I'll get back with you when it's done.

Unfortunately, I suppose that now is as good a time as any to reveal the truth behind Scott's accidental trip down the Bloggybrick Road. The TRUTH is that Scott never intended to "blog". He was searching online to learn how to "clog" and he got his index fingers mixed up on the lower end of the keyboard (he only uses two fingers to type, anyway). The rest is history--as you all know.

While we are certainly privileged to read Scott's daily reflections on life as a husband, dad, costume collector and reader of fine Haiku poetry, there's an unknown dance company somewhere in the Midwest that may have missed out on the best darn clogger the world has ever known.

I salute you, Scott!

--BD (also known as Robotface Shumway)

Tyna said...

Scott,

My contribution to the gift bags will be those oh-so-hip-from-the-80's mood rings!

Heather said...

Congrats on the 100th post! Keep the hilarity coming for another hundred or so...

Tim said...

Visitors wishing to see the famous Scrabble tile that transformed me into the winner I am today, may file past my (strangely empty) table, single file.

I'll also be sharing complimentary Tic Tacs (one per customer) with the first five in line.

These gift bags just keep getting better!

Congratulations, Scott.

Kathy said...

There must be 100 gifts in each of the giftbags to commemorate such an exciting time in your life! You might want to include, "Bloggoing for Dummies" as one of the gifts....is that a real book yet? I'd write it and offer 100 free copies, but to be quite honest, I'm just a dummy when it comes to blogging.

JAM said...

Mmmmmmm, Cracker Barrel.

I LOVE me some Cracker Barrel.

I have a cheap Fender Stratocaster knock-off (fantastic sounding and playing though) that exact shade of powder blue. If I were to play it while wearing such a tux, it would be almost invisible.

Congrats on making it to 100.