"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Monday, January 7, 2008

Yes, We're Alive

Cindy returns home tonight.

Of course, her flight lands an hour away at exactly the time when two girls are finishing basketball practice and another one is starting.

I guess that means three of them won't be able to go with me to pick Mommy up at the airport.

(I could ASK the girls if they want to skip practice and pick mom up, but there's no need to force them to choose whom/what they love more: Mom or Basketball.)

It really does seem like she's been gone a month, even though it's only been three nights. I am totally capable of caring for 4 kids (6, if you count the two babysittees here today), but I figure I have to make her feel like it's a struggle for me so she doesn't get some hair-brained idea to up and leave too often.



I am excited to hear all about her trip, and I'm sure we'll be up late telling tales.

I hope she's as excited to hear all about OUR weekend too: laundry, babysitting, cooking, etc.

I know that she'll be thrilled to see how spotless the house is :



By the way, do you think she'll be keen on me planning a guys' trip to Vegas?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha....after I was telling my husband about their little getaway he remarked about how women could get away with going to Vegas but what would the wives think if they planned a guys get together? Yep, I just don't see it happening :)

~laura
(http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/duckygirl)

javamamma said...

Wow that IS spotless. What will Cindy Lou say when she finds out you ditched all her furniture? Enjoy the homecoming.

Big Doofus said...

I think we have the same fireplace.

Cindy said...

Just so everyone knows, that is not our house, that is not our fireplace, and I've never seen our living room that clean! (Although Scott DID do a good job keeping the house from falling in on itself while I was gone!)

Thanks for a wonderful weekend, honey.