"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Blue Wire...NO WAIT...Clip the GREEN Wire

Here's a quick reflection after picking up my daughters from basketball practice.

I grabbed Shelby's coat off the floor to hand it to her. I must have grasped it by the bottom because it turned out upside-down and it's contents were emptied all over the bleachers.

Here is what my daughter was carrying in her coat pockets:

17 toothpicks
Chapstick
A roll of black electrical tape

Without a doubt, my daughter is MacGyver. I feel much safer knowing that if I'm trapped with my daughter in a falling elevator, in a failing nuclear reactor or holding a time bomb (or all three at once), she'll have the materials necessary to keep us from harm.

Now if she added a stick of gum to her menagerie, we could also escape an avalanche and/or hostage situation.

5 comments:

Emily said...

BLACK electrical tape? Are you serious? I want her near me when Y2K hits.

Big Doofus said...

If your daughter's pockets reveal that she is MacGyver, then my son's pants (and room) indicate that he's going to make all of his many in a career that has something to do with landfills.

Brenda said...

A girl's gotta have her some Chapstick.

javamamma said...

A daddy HAS to be totally proud!

Tasha said...

This is too cute! I had a cousin like that, you never knew what you would find in her pockets!

This was especially true when she was young. A tomboy by nature, she would try to show you her new pet worm. In her search for it rubber bands, safety pins, bits of gum wrapper...