"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Life Is A Lot Like Football

Despite the impression I gave in the previous post, I really did watch the Super Bowl. GREAT GAME!!!!!

I know a lot of churches have used the big game as an opportunity to get a message out to people who might not come on Sunday mornings but would come on Sunday night to watch guys pummel each other.

So I thought I would post a brief little devotional thought that you are all welcome to use next year for a half-time message at evangelistic gatherings in your basements and bonus rooms.


LIFE IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL
by Scott @ HoneyIFedTheKids

I feel like I spend the off-season preparing, planning, shaping up and getting ready for the game. I train and grow and finally step out onto the field to do what I came here for.

Then about 11 gigantic monstrosities of humanity jump on me and squish the living daylights out of me.

Then the crowds in the stands cheer wildly as some nice men load my stretcher into the back of the ambulance.

Then the critics spend the next week picking my performance apart and questioning whether or not I should take the field again next week.

The big difference, though, is that I don't have a $3 million contract or a troupe of scantily-clad spandex queens cheering for me.


Life. Just like football.

4 comments:

Sniz said...

How true. You really have a gift for writing sermons. You should be a pastor or something. Oh wait.

Emily said...

"The big difference, though, is that I don't have a $3 million contract or a troupe of scantily-clad spandex queens cheering for me."

I happen to know your wife and the spandex thing can be arranged...

Mr. E said...

Good comparison. You should read my blog comparing life to the "Red-Zone!" Your blog sounds better though. It's really a shame that dad's don't get the big bucks like the athletes do.

Tyna said...

Thanks for this mornings smile!