"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Monday, February 18, 2008

NOT Fluffy Bunnies OR Candy-Colored Unicorns

[This post is in honor of Gayle who has led the way and taught me that it is ok to blog about bodily functions. ]

Still, I'll try my best to do this as delicately as is Scott-ly possible. By all means, if the mention of sick children or vomit is offensive to you, please either stick your fingers in your ears and scream "LALALALA" while you read on or come back for tomorrow's post on "Fluffy Bunnies and Candy-Colored Unicorns."

------------------------
Almost our entire family has been sick again. I suppose I should've let me wife have the joy of blogging about it since she was the one who got up several times in the night to deal with vomiting children. But she's probably too sick herself to realize how interested the blogosphere is in these things.

I was generally only called upon when clean-up help was needed. Fortunately, our children have pretty good aim when they spew, so there were only two times that I found myself scrubbing the bathroom floor.

As one daughter discovered, it's extremely difficult to vomit IN the toilet at the same time as sitting ON the toilet. [shudder]

Another daughter's initial vomiting occurred at the end of a birthday party at a friend's house as she was getting ready to leave. Neither Cindy nor I was there to witness this first-hand, but she was all alone by the door where ALL THE SHOES WERE SITTING. Yes, she vomitted on other people's shoes. I pictured each shoe being filled with my daughter's dinner, but those present said it wasn't that bad at all. So I will choose to believe that, even though I know I would say the exact same thing even if someone else's child had completely filled my shoes with their pizza, cake and ice cream.

So between the vomiting and the loose bowels in this house, our bathrooms have been seeing an increase in activity.

So very sorry I don't have photos, but I could do one of my drawings for you if you'd like. (I dare you to ask.)

You're glad you came by to visit today, aren't you?

10 comments:

Big Doofus said...

This thing is moving around in our extended family but hasn't hit any of us...yet. We're just dreading it.

I'm still getting over this other yucky flu thing with the sinuses all messed up, coughing, chills, fever, etc. Maybe that can count toward the stomach flu.

Emily said...

her vomiting into the shoes is THE saddest thing ever.....I bet she felt horrible.

and vomit cleaner-uppers deserve high praise.

I salute you.

Jenny said...

actually, I am glad I stopped by this morning. I feel less alone in my "oh my stars, how can these kids be sick again!?!?" feelings. I am ready for these stomach bugs to take a hike... a really long hike!

Hope you are all feeling much better soon!!

Iris Flavia said...

Please, go for a drawing!
Am I glad I just ate!

javamamma said...

Always up to a challenge, I accept your dare and will politely ask you for a drawing of the activity at your house this week. Looking forward to it. And praying for health to reign in your household soon!

Mr. E said...

Our family is also just getting over sickness. Lucky for us nobody was throwing up, but the coughs and snot from sinus drainage just kept coming and coming. After about a week and a half, we are all healthy once again. (until the next bug comes along). By the way the blog about the cookies was great. You should consider becoming a writer for some TV comedy show. If I break into television I might just give you a call.

Ma said...

How you say..."Big Shoe Burning Party?"

Big Doofus said...

Oh, and I think the Clorox in the cookies wouldn't make them sick. It was probably the Diet Lime Flavored Coke that did them in. That stuff is nasty!

Annette said...

I'll let you in on a little secret...your daughter vomited in MY daughter's crocs...yes, she did and we had to bleach them. Fortunately, my boots were merely resting in the puke...no puke to be found inside. Sorry to burst your little bubble there.

In addition, Sunday evening IT hit me...and I found my face staring into a white toilet bowl (well, sort of since it hadn't been cleaned in a while) and I let loose of some dinner and dessert. Not a good combination. Sorry for any squeamish stomachs here. I happen to come from some sturdy stock that tend to talk about all manner of gross things at any time...even dinner. So, thank your daughter for me for giving me the creeping crud.

(On second thought, don't because I know that she was absolutely mortified!) You'll be happy to know that I was able to eat dinner last night and kept it down.

Toodles...

JAM said...

Sounds like a total nightmare to me.

I guess though, that this would have been a good time to determine whether or not your kids chew their food properly.