"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Monday, March 3, 2008

1 Hour and 30 Minutes Too Late

I started writing this over the weekend:

-----------------------

It has come to my attention that visitors to my blog are from all corners of the world. I know I primarily blog about things regarding my life here in Indiana. I imagine that some of it just may not make much sense to those of you visiting from the jungles of Portugal or from a cave in the Himalayas...or L.A.

But regardless, welcome to my blog. Or shall I say:
  • Bienvenue
  • Willkommen
  • Aloha mai
  • Bruchim habayim
  • Irashaimasu
  • Hiku a nat la
  • Bienvenidos
  • Maligayang pagdating
  • Oonta gleebin gloutin glowbin
Also recently added
  • Howdy y'all (Texas)
  • Hello, eh (Canadic)
  • ...let me know if I'm missing your particular brand of greeting and I'll add it.
I’ve started keeping a list of every country my visitors come from. Granted, many of them “accidentally” pop in due to weird Google searches, and they’ll never ever come back.

But still, it’s a fun hobby to check Statcounter and see flags from the various countries represented each day.

So far, I believe that I have had visitors from more than 25 countries* and representing every continent on the planet……except for Antarctica.

In order to develop a reader base that far south, I’m throwing in this post. Be sure to send a link to any of your Antarctic friends.

Hi, all you Antarcticans! Welcome to my blog which, to you, must seem so very tropical and balmy...

-----------------------
And that’s where I stopped. I was just going to delete it because it's stupid and because I realized that no one lives in Antarctica, right?

WRONG!
At lunch when I checked out some of the Statcounter information**, I saw that I DID have a visitor from Antarctica less than two hours ealier, and I hadn’t posted this yet. What are the odds? I am SO kicking myself for not finishing this awesome post in time.

Well, Antarctic friend, if you come back here again, please leave a comment and let me know! I'm curious about life in your neck of the woods. I've always wanted to know how your eyeballs keep from freezing, what does penguin taste like, and does making snow angels ever get old?

----------
**Big Doofus, I just want you to know that the Stat info is real. I didn't make it up or Photoshop it or nuttin'.

* In case you wondered, I have had visitors from: Antarctica, Argentina, Canada, Cayman Is., Dubai, England, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Iran, Israel, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Romania, Scotland, Singapore, S. Africa, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, United Arab Emirates.

11 comments:

The Other Huse said...

Seriously, I thought the only people in Antarctica were researchers. Maybe your visitor is a researcher. If so, I'm sure they'll be back. There is a lot of specimen on your site they can dig through!

You forgot "Howdy y'all" on your list of "hellos." You know, TX is it's own country.

ET said...

What about
"hello, eh!" for us Canadians?

I was wondering if you can get me the link for your pantry items make-a-meal website? (Sounds like something we're in desperate need of around here.)

Emily said...

Yeah, I'd like to know what research material they were getting off of your blog.

scccaaaary stuff. You have an Antarctic stalker my friend.

Kathleen Marie said...

That is cute! My brother was stationed at McMurdo I think it is called in the Antarctic and then my sister and a friend took a trip there with National Geographic. That is awesome that someone way down there checked out your blog! Awesome! Hugs!

Kathleen Marie said...

Oh and I forgot to say most stat finders say I am in Sioux Falls... I don't get that as I am definitely in the Black Hills, a good 7-8 hour drive from Sioux Falls.

Arby said...

Hmmm...you'll be waiting a long time. There are no native Antarcticans. Well, not human Antarcticans. But, I lived in Antarctica for a year back in the 80's, and I've stopped by your blog twice now. Does that count? It sure is more exotic than saying I'm from Kansas.

www.homeschoolblogger.com/arbysarchives

Becky K. said...

Neat Post, Scott!
The blog world is a big one...
it is so fun to watch the dots on the map I have on my blog get more and more spread out as people in other nations log on.
I'm trying to come up with a great greeting from Lancaster County, PA...
Nope got nothing!
So, hello from Lancaster County, PA...home of the big spotted dogs (cows).
Becky

Big Doofus said...

Antarctica? Wow. I'm impressed. Out of the 500 logs that StatCounter will keep, 273 of my visitors are from the US and 49 from "Unknown". I'm just going to go out on a limb here and assume that "Unknown" means the Space Shuttle and/or the International Space Station. So, once again I've trumped your teeny little excuse for an International blog.

Mr. E said...

That's so cool to know your being read from every continent. I'm still lucky to have my 6-8 loyal readers. By the way I did post a quick update on my business trip; you know about the #1 and only guy in the van.

Anonymous said...

We just normally say "hey ya'll" here in NC. Love your blog.
CindyO

Roses Are Red, Violets are Violet said...

ok, am I the only hethan that read your list of greetings, got to the last one and exclaimed, "Def Leppard!"

I am a child of the 80's, oh yes I am.