"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Saturday, March 29, 2008

Over My Dead Body

A couple nights ago, I went to bed with a sinus problem that had been growing all day long.
I'm sure there was some barometric pressure thing happening that was causing my head to feel that is was about to explode.
So off to bed.
My sweet bride came to bed as well and pulled out a nice, thick paperback to read.

I'd popped a couple of Tylenol PM moments before and was waiting for sweet, precious sleep to arrive. My mind's pretty good with the power of suggestion. For all I know Cindy refilled the medicine bottle with TicTacs; it would still do the job.

As soon as I was cozied up under the covers in that perfect position that usually takes 27 tries to find, Cindy nudged me...
...You guessed it.
She wanted me to go switch the laundry from the washer to the dryer. After all, she was engrossed in a book, and I was doing nothing more than lying there with my eyes closed, imagining what it would be like to wake up in the morning and find my brains lying in a puddle on the pillow beside my right ear.

So off to the laundry room.
The clothes hadn't finished the rinse cycle. Hrmph.

Back to bed and 39 attempts to find the right position for what was sure to be my last night on earth.

At right about the time the TicTacs kicked in and the dreams began, Cindy nudged me once more to let me know she'd heard the washer make that noise like it's done for real.

Seriously, I'm on my death bed and she's concerned about laundry. And she dared to imply that I didn't love HER enough to perform this act of love and kindness.

I'll just have you know that if I spend my last breath changing the laundry, she is dang well gonna be folding it all herself in the morning.

(Note: I survived, if you were concerned. At least I survived the sinus thingie. Whether or not I'm alive after Cindy reads this is another matter. But just to increase my odds, I must say that I love to serve, and I know that Cindy does waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than I even imagine. Love you, baby! Enjoy the book.)

9 comments:

Hope said...

My heart goes out to you. I suffer from chronic sinusitis. I stopped counting how many funerals I thought I was going to have. Hope your feeling much better today. :)

Gayle said...

I bet it's just payback for all the middle of the night baby feedings she had to do. Now you get to do middle of the night laundry switches.

Hope the tic-tacs finally kicked in.

javamamma said...

The real question is 'are you gonna survive posting this incident?' :)

Mr. E said...

I hate being woken up to check on something or turn off the dryer or let the dog out, after I have finally dozed off to sleep. It is much worse when I am slightly drugged on Advil PM or some other cold medication. I swear she likes me to be cranky. Even though I love my wife, it is irritating when I feel she is not doing anything in particular and she wakes me up to do the task at hand. (I still love you LadyBug!)

Mr. E said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Javamamma is right. You are a dead man.

Scott said...

If I retract this post, will it get me out of laundry at midnight?

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

I think the Tylenol PM made you hallucinate. This never happened. I changed the laundry that night.

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

I think the Tylenol PM made you hallucinate. This never happened. I changed the laundry that night.