"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Monday, March 24, 2008

WHY Didn't I Include This Video on Friday?

A few days ago, I wrote about WHY Jesus lived, died and rose.

Here's a video we found on YouTube to go with that thought. A young lady at our church sang this song beautifully this Easter, and it moves me every time I hear it. I just couldn't keep it from you.

The voice on the video is the original singer/composer Nichole Nordeman, but our singin' girl sounded just as good I'll have you know.
There are other video versions on YouTube and elsewhere using the Passion of the Christ or other live-action films (you should check those out too), but here's an animated version that is suitable for children to see as well.

I'll give you extra credit if you recognize what two movies were used to create this music video.



O.K. I couldn't just leave you hanging. The scenes of Biblical events of the crucifixion were taken from one of those Nest Entertainment videos, I believe. Good stuff, that whole series.

However, the other stuff with the girl riding the horse with her dad and such is from "Quest for Camelot." That explains why she's dressed more like a medieval peasant than a 30 AD jewish girl.

It also explains why she's running across a snowy field.


And crossing the Alps.

3 comments:

David said...

I thought that video was perfect with the song. I was so proud of Nicole and thought she was incredible. It was very moving - great choice!

Halfmoon Girl said...

Thanks for that. I showed it to my two younger children- now I have about 62 questions to answer about it. It stimulated a lot of conversation!

Kathy in WA said...

I can't believe I haven't heard this song before! Thanks for sharing it. I'm definitely playing it for the kids tomorrow.

They would totally have gotten the Quest for Camelot part. Like totally.

Duckabush Blog