"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Another Benefit Of Bad Parenting

I know I know I know I know I know that you shouldn't give children too many sweets and candies. I know this.

But we have this tradition that on April Fool's Day, we do everything in reverse meal-wise. This means that the morning started off with what might normally end the day.
Yup.
Our children ate ice cream for breakfast.

And they ended the day with a nice glazy Krispy Kreme doughnut or two...preceded by bacon and a few chocolate-chip pancakes.

Riding home in my car after church tonight, they found my secret stash of jelly beans which I was forced to have to share, because they think I'm nice and all. It was either that or hook them up to the drip bags of high fructose corn syrup at bedtime, and you really shouldn't do that two nights in a row.

After all this, Jenna (who I believe had sugar crystals forming on the edges of her pores) saw me making myself a ham sandwich for a late dinner. She asked, "can I have a piece of bread for a snack?"

I'm thinking that if we completely stuff our children with Easter candy for two weeks straight, we might actually make them sick of the stuff, right? We'll have the other three begging for bread in no time.

8 comments:

Tammy said...

"Dad is great, he give us the chocolate cake...." --Bill Cosby, Bill Cosby Himself

(hope you have seen that)

I want to be a kid at your house! Ice cream for b'fast sounds too awesome.

Huse Blog is it Anyway? said...

What a great tradition. Hope you don't mind me stealing that idea for our family!

Gayle said...

I think you may be on to something here, brother...

Mr. E said...

Cool idea for April Fool's Day!

Bill Cosby "Himself" is worth the watch if you haven't seen it.

JustAnotherBlogger said...

ROFL! You're hilarious! You make it sound like ice cream isn't supposed to be for breakfast! Hello? Dairy product?!?!

;)

SuburbanCorrespondent said...

That 2-week candy binge thing? Nope. Been there, done that. The little fiends are like addicts.

Saw you over at Big Mama...

Life In Progress said...

What a fun April Fool's Day idea. My oldest would keel over with joy if I told her she could have ice cream for breakfast.

Oh, and good luck with the 2-week candy binge theory. I can almost guarantee it wouldn't work at my house. Let us know how that works out for you.....

Annette said...

I carried on the April Fool's tradition of sending a baggy of dog food in Nick's lunch. After all, my mom did it to me...gotta pass it on. He tried to convince his friends that they were Cocoa Puffs. It didn't work!