"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Sunday, April 6, 2008

Nature vs. Nuture

Coming into the kitchen, I found Jenna typing away on her new "laptop."

As you can see, this is one of those low-end computers made mostly of paper with a hint of #2 pencil. She has all the keys there as well as a touch pad. Part of its genius is that it's cordless and runs on giggles and rainbows and other such creativeness.


There's also a nice big screen. If you look carefully, you might be able to recognize that's she's working on a BLOG. It has the main body in the center and some kind of background on each side. What a great template; she's obviously quite gifted. I'd been wondering how long it would take for our children's blogging genes to finally kick into gear. Now we know. Time will tell whether she develops into a witty, sensitive and thought-provoking writer like her mother, or a writer of meaningless garbage like me.




Even though Jenna's a fairly decent writer by 1st-grade standards, for her first post you can see that she's opted for writing gibberish in order to focus more of her energy on creating the "photo."


Can you make sense of that photo? Anybody want to guess what she's blogging about?

11 comments:

Valerie said...

That's hilarious! And totally something I could see our daughters doing.

Anonymous said...

what a sweet and creative girl. i just love kids, they come up with the most amazing things.

Emily said...

I see televangelism in her future. Those are hands....asking for money.

better pay up daddy.

Emily said...

oh, and what's nuture?

javamamma said...

That's the code for when you post a comment on some blogs -right? :)

mom huebert said...

About her photo: Is that a dead hamster in her hand?

Scott said...

mom huebert,
I can neither confirm nor deny the aliveness of the hamster she is holding. She only told me it's a picture of her holding a hamster. So there's pretty much a 50-50 chance it's dead.

Richard J said...

Looks like Jenna has hit upon my formula for blog-keeping: a careful combination of cute pics and gibberish.

Mom Huebert: I was also guessing dead rodent as the picture...

Tim said...

Maybe she'll take a page from both of your blogs and write sweet and sensitive gibberish? :)

Tim said...

I meant to soften that last comment, but I was on the train, using my overly-sensitive touchpad mouse, and my mouse pointer happened to be over the "Publish your comment" button ... and it was submitted.

Anyway, I was just teasing when I suggested your blog was gibberish. I love your style and your use of the language. I am constantly drawn back by your quirky and unusual way of looking at the world. I thoroughly enjoy the humor of your entries ... keep up the good work!

JAM said...

How did she already get wonna dem cheap computers they're supposed to be sending to Africa and India?

I'm with Emily, what's "nuture". Did you mean neuter?