"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Monday, April 14, 2008

Soylent Clean

I've mentioned previously that I think I may be experiencing man-o-pause. Something is happening to me that I can't quite explain. A huge change.

A couple of weeks ago, I finally cleaned up my office. blah blah blah. I've already written about that. Let me tell you, though, that as long as I don't do any work, I don't think I'll have to worry about it getting cluttered again. Whew!

THEN last weekend, my personal internal transformation continued as I reorganized my garage. MY GARAGE! I repurposed some desks and counters to create better bones for storage and organization. I can actually park both cars and 6 bikes in the garage. I did have to remove the giant Power Wheels Jeep because our children are a little big for it now, so I may add that to Tina's winnings from the Office Giveaway yesterday even though it's completely unrelated to the office. It wouldn't cost much to mail a giant kid's jeep to Thailand, right.

AND THEN last week, all six of us headed to the back yard for another purge. Cindy and I haven't spent much time out back through the winter, so entropy had gone unchecked. We have woods behind our house and a street behind those woods. It seems that people like to drive by and dump their trash in our woods. And then our children like to bring these "treasures" to our back yard and arrange it assymetically around the playground and porch. Here is what we encountered when we headed out back:

The animal skull (which you may already have read about)
Two broken mailboxes
A broken concrete bird bath
Assorted giant metal pipes, apparently the frame for a trampoline
Large rolls of plastic sheeting
Light bulb
Various lengths of 2x4's
And this list goes on...

My mother-in-law stayed with us last weekend before the big clean and had the luxurious guest suite with the view of the back 40. I asked her, "When you look out the window, do you feel like you're on 'Sanford and Son.'"

She was very gracious and said only kind things about her accomodations in the basement with the lousy view, the scary bathroom, the loud furnace and the noisy plumbing.

6 comments:

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

"entropy had gone unchecked"

WHAT???

I like this new you, though, big words and all.

ET said...

Giant powerwheels jeep? Hello! Way cheaper to ship to Canada than Thailand. If we got a new one, we'd be forced to remove the old one from our yard that hasn't run for the past two summers but we've been hanging on to 'just in case' it miraculously fixes itself. :)

Tammy said...

Man are you feeling ok?? All that cleaning just might win you a trip to the CT scanner.

Tammy said...

Ok, don't kill me but I tagged you on my blog. Your wife did it to me so I gave back in return. So, really you could blame it on your wife. :-)

And if you don't wanna play along it's fine too. My first tag almost ended my blogging career.

Anonymous said...

Where are the pics of said clean garage? Your neighbors might tell on you, if you don't have proof.

AMANDA said...

You have been tagged!