"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Saturday, April 5, 2008

They Were Always Such Quiet Little Girls

If your children don't want to come over to our house and play with our children, I'll understand.

Really. It's all right.

It can be a traumatic experience for some kids, I know.

That dead hamster that's been chilling in our garage freezer? I just found out this morning that a couple of friends have taken it out of the freezer and out of the plastic bags to hold it! I'm just horrified, so Pepper is leaving pronto.

But even with the carcasses removed from our food storage units, there's still the matter of the animal bones strewn across the property.


Visitors are first greeted by a pile of bones on the sidewalk. How quaint.




The gigantic leg bone by the grill on the deck is also homey and welcoming.


And of course, there's a skull in an old mailbox on the back porch.
Presumably, these bones are from various animals like deer in the woods. Or perhaps some old cow bones from the farm that predated this neighborhood. But to add drama to the affair, the girls found an old wallet near some remains. We're fairly certain the bones were deer bones, but it's weird that an animal would be carrying a wallet. Hmmm. That gave them a mystery to work on for a while.

But don't worry; we've already nixed the animal-head collection that the girls had begun. It consisted of a bird head and a chipmunk head (thanks to the neighborhood cats).

Pretty much what I'm saying is that when my girls finally make the news on a Dateline criminal special, the quotes from neighbors will be, "We should have guessed something was up with those girls, what with all the bones and body parts all over the place."


Playdate anyone?

8 comments:

THEhooahwife said...

hahaha, That sounds like the kind of stuff we did as kids! our dogs would also drag old cow bones down from the mountain behind our house and chew on huge femurs all over the yard.

And don't worry, we have yet to feature on Dateline. =)

MotherofMad said...

Is it any wonder that Maddie is a kindred spirit of your girls?! She keeps the jawbone of a deer in her room!! She found it in the creek on the ol' family farm in Marengo. She thinks it's incredibly cool.

She thought Pepper was a cryogenics experiment at Jenna's b-day party!

Given that I've dissected everything from a worm to a pig to a human body (college anatomy lab class!), it's little wonder she's so intrigued!

Jill ;-)

The Bargain Shopper Lady said...

My boys would get along with your girls, I think. :)
~The Bargain Shopper Lady

javamamma said...

I wanna comment....I'm just not quite sure what to say. Speechless.

Beth said...

I think it's cool that your girls aren't afraid of stuff like bones and skulls. Unlike myself. Who is quite squeamish. Umm..yeah.

Hope said...

On the plus side, you may have part of a CSI team or archaeologists growing up around you.

Richard J said...

I think your kids and my kids would get along well. We recently had a guinea pig pass away, and he became much more interesting to the kids after he died than he ever was when he was alive.

Some things about death are hard to explain, though. The guinea died on Easter, and my oldest girl asked me when Jesus was going to bring the guinea pig back to life.

I think she's got the stories mixed up...

Scattered Mom said...

ROFL ...hey that reminds me of the bones Jake has had sitting on the back porch for the past while...

...not to mention the rat skull we smuggled into Canada from California.....