"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Wednesday, April 16, 2008

We're Having A Ball! WFMW


I have a very addictive personality. I can become obsessed with something pretty easily; take blogging for example.

My latest addiction involves what my 7-year-old daughter received from Grandma for her birthday.

It's a cool marble track that you build, and then the marbles can go down the different paths and twists and turns.

I'm not exaggerating when I say I have gotten up in the morning and played with this by myself before the girls were ready for school. You can't imagine the satisfying rush of creating a tower four feet tall with four different routes for the marbles to travel. Then I like to place the funnel piece near the end for all the paths to converge into. All the marbles will spin forever in that section before finally dropping into the tray at the bottom.

I'm getting the shakes and starting to sweat just writing about it.

Our girls like it too, as do other kids who traipse through our home.

I'm not sure where my mother-in-law got this set, but there's a website on the box: http://www.mindwareonline.com/

Now I have to go build another track. Will someone call the office for me this morning and let them know I won't be in? Tell them I lost my marbles. Thanks.

(You can always find more cool ideas for your family and home over at rocksinmydryer every Wednesday!)

11 comments:

THEhooahwife said...

LOL, I love it when adults are like big kids!!

Milehimama said...

I have one that I got from Discovery Toys (the catalog toy company that sells through parties).

javamamma said...

I bet you hardly sleep at night, dreaming up new ways to build your marble tower. :)

Huse Blog is it Anyway? said...

Hurry up and post again, I can't let my husband see this!

Not that he doesn't know how to use the scroll on the mouse, but....

Jenny said...

Those marble towers are cool. My son would really enjoy that. I went to the website you linked to and it has such awesome stuff! We are probably going to start homeschooling this fall and the website had tons of fun stuff that could be incorporated into our curriculum. So, thank you for linking to it!! Have fun with the marble track!!

Liza's Eyeview said...

My kids love those! Go Scott - build some hard tracks - it's fun :)

Heather said...

Discovery toys makes them as do several other companies. We used to have a huge set--my kids (and husband) loved them!

Robin said...

My son's got that - I think I like it more than he does!

Jen said...

I remember when I worked as at an after school daycare center that this toy was the one that got played with the most often. Now that my kids are 6 and 8 I think it may just be time to get one for our house.

Life In Progress said...

My daughters would really enjoy this. My husband would LOVE it, big-time. I may get this as a gift for all three of them!

Billie said...

We got ours at Toys R Us and it is a huge hit with my daughter as well (and husband).
http://lifeinthecircle.blogspot.com/2008/03/15365.html