"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Works For My Car

Get A Car Battery Charger

A couple of weeks ago, I was having a bad-car week. My Blazer just didn't want to start. Several months earlier, it had starter issues and solenoid stuff and other such mechanical whackiness going on under that hood. I couldn't afford for all of that to come undone now.

Because these things could cost money I don't have, I didn't want to take it in to get fixed until I HAD to.

Instead, I grabbed my brand-new car charger/starter that I had asked for for Christmas. I actually received two, but you really only need one at a time, so I returned the other.

Everyone should have one of these things. I wish now that I had kept the other so I could give it you. Sorry

For three or four days, every time I had to start the car, I simply whipped that puppy out--at the library, at work, at the grocery, at the gas station--and attached it to the battery.

I started to imagine doing this for the rest of the month until payday, and then I began hating my life.

These charger/jumpers are perfect for helping in a pinch, but probably shouldn't become part of your daily lifestyle. Get one anyway, and never be stranded out in that big, scary world...as long as it's just a sick battery.

On the other hand, if you're having starter/solenoid/doohicky trouble, then I guess you'll just have to flail around hopelessly in the Shop-A-Lot parking lot until vast amounts of cash drop from the sky. (Or learn to do car repairs. THAT would be a great works for me wednesday idea.)

2 comments:

javamamma said...

I hope payday comes real soon for ya!

Mr. E said...

My dad has been on me for a while to get a battery charger. I guess I need to bite the bullet and get one.

Any takers on your scarecrows yet?