"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Sunday, June 8, 2008

I'm Not Really Making Fun Of My Wife

There are several things that make me laugh about my wife...in a good way of course.
Many of these smile-makers are related to the differences between women and men.

For example, in describing our friend Michelle to someone else, I might say "Michelle...she's our friend we're going to visit in California.

Whereas I just heard Cindy describe her to another friend on the phone:

Michelle...she's my friend I told you about who had perfect hair even when
she was on bedrest.

I don't quite know why, but I had to share it with you while the giggle was still rippling in my throat. Women are funny, don't you think?

6 comments:

mrshoppes said...

I think that is so sweet. She is such a wonderful lady.

Gayle said...

and I bet the woman on the other line said, "Oh, THAT one!"

See, I get it.

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Perfect DARK hair.

carrie said...

LOL!!!! I think that is an excellent description...

Big Doofus said...

My wife and I talk about this all the time. For instance, go for a short walk in a crowded area and then ask her to describe the different hair-doos, outfits and shoes that she saw. If she were to ask you (or me) the same question, you'd have no idea. It's just a guy thing. The other thing I've noticed is how a woman can attempt to pick up a conversation from the past with you when you least expect it. In her world, that conversation you had three days ago is still ongoing. She's processing information and will respond when she's ready.

EEEEMommy said...

Your dear wife certainly has a thing about hair. :) I think she feels the need to be so verbal with her hair compliments too encourage those of us who don't have her perfect hair! ;)
I had to laugh at doofus' comment too about picking up conversations three days later. I torture my husband in this way all the time. LOL
I'm praying you guys are having an awesome time of ministry and fellowship and family bonding and intimacy in Christ down in Mexico! :)