"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Monday, June 16, 2008

We Don't Care If We Never See Another Shovel Again

I generally use a shovel to plant flowers or bushes.
I don't even shovel snow, because we have a snow blower (our driveway is the length of a football field almost, so I really have no other option...unless I want to break a sweat).

So given the fact that the entire work day was spent...
Shoveling sand and rock onto a screen to separate the two,
Shoveling sand into a wheel barrow,
Shoveling rock into a wheel barrow,
Stirring them together with a shovel,

...you can appreciate why Cindy and I won't be doing anything that requires the use of our arms for at least 4 or 5 days. In the States, you just make a phone call and the concrete fairies magically deliver wet concrete right to you door. Well, the fairies actually deliver to Mexico, too. We're just sadistic enough to give them the day off.

I understand it builds character.
Or bitterness and fatigue.

8 comments:

Cheri said...

I remember the same process on a mission trip in Jamaica.

It was not fun. At all.

Emily said...

I prayed for your family today. I was specifically praying for good attitudes with the girls...since work seems like, well...work after a few days. :)

Anonymous said...

Please take the dark background out.
It is so hard to read your wonderfully crafted blogs.

Big Doofus said...

So, are you back or was this written ten days ago?

Tammy said...

So, I guess and invitation to help me out with some flower beds would be out of the question?! ;-)

Hope you had many blessings on your trip, you were in my prayers!

(ummm, is anonymous having some cataract problems? or did i miss the dark background) :-D

Big Doofus said...

And as long as you're changing that dark background, can you put on a different hat and some funny sunglasses...and a clown nose?

Kathleen Marie said...

If I never see another snow shovel again I shall be a very happy woman...I'll even be happier if I don't see snow again...But that just won't happen. Have a great tomorrow!

javamamma said...

Well, hopefully the bitterness and fatigue are short lived and the character remains! :)