"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Monday, June 30, 2008

You Should Know The Truth

While I'm still grabbing my thoughts on our family's mission trip.
I've gone and distracted myself by...

...getting a puppy.

It's true. Two days after returning home, we hopped in the car and drove to the next state and brought home precious teeny tiny Cheddar.

We've never owned a dog before, so we're learning a lot. Evidently, they pee and poop and eat and sleep a lot. Who knew?

Cindy continues to be aloof (see here), hesitant to allow herself to admit that she is smitten by this little wad of cuteness. She refers to it as "YOUR dog" (when it pees on the carpet). But when no one is looking, I've caught her picking him up and holding him on her lap and petting him lovingly while sitting on the couch watching "The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All."

You can look forward to more pictures and stories about Cheddar, but here's one for starters so you can begin falling in love too.Cheddar is a Maltipoo, meaning a mix between his white Maltese dad "Casper" and his red Poodle mom "Reba McEntire." Since the word "Maltipoo" is in the same category as "Coochywoochypoo" and "Cuddlywuddlypoo" and "Kissywissypoo," I've been telling people he's a Maltese/Poodle mix. Sounds more manly, right?

16 comments:

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

I cannot believe you ratted me out on The Bachelorette.

Beth said...

Oh my goodness! What a cute dog! Looove the name.

carrie said...

so...umm...does this make you Scottipoo and Cindypoo? Not to mention the kiddipoos...*gigglipoo* Mkay I'ma stop now before it's too muchipoo...oops too lateypoo...

Cute dog...looks like a mini version of the dog they used for Sandy in the movie version of Annie.

carrie said...

oh and you owe Cindy a Frap at least for letting you keep the dog...*pretend like I didn't just come from her page where it tells me to come here and say that*

Emily said...

well I haven't read Cindy's blog yet, so I can say...get her that frap. AND let her go to Panera. :)

cute little fuzzy guy. (your dog.)

Amy Beth @ Ministry So Fabulous! said...

I'm skipping the whole "get Cindy a Frap" thing and going straight to this tidbit of advice: GO BACK FOR THE SECOND DOG. Get it! Seriously! It is sooo great to have two! When ya'll are gone, they'll keep each other company. :) You'll feel better about leaving them knowing they have someone to play with.

Cindy can't delete your comments, can she? Cause if she can, I know this one is gonna be gone VERY soon.

JustAnotherBlogger said...

Maybe you should consider a tattoo for your puppy to give it a tougher image? http://www.tattoo-a-pet.com/
;)

Chris said...

Sorry, dude. The rest of the dad-bloggers and I voted. Anything with "poodle" in the name (including the abridged "poo")will never be considered "manly". You can turn in your card at the door.

(But we also admit - that's one darned cute dog).
(admission #2 - we just got two new kittens; how "manly" is that!?)

Welcome home!

rthling said...

What a great name! I love a good name for a pet. So glad you found a breed that works with your family's allergy problems.
PS. You should check in and see how Zaccheus is doing.

the hungarian said...

I think at that size, that's actually a cat... Your wife is a peach of a woman for allowing this to happen for the family's sake!!

Mom2Mom Ministry said...

Oh oh funny to read you and your wife's post! What a cute puppy. I love her. Oh, and in your wife's defense.....I've loved the
Bachelorette this season. I stayed up watching it on TIVO last night.
I can't wait for next week.
julie
www.homeschoolblogger.com/juliestew

Jenny said...

Such a cute little puppy! And, I love the name! I'm pretty sure that you need to take your wife out for a frap. She definitely deserves it!

Anonymous said...

Very cute puppy!!! I read that they can also be referred to as a "Moodle". Does that help any? Enjoy the adorable little furball.

Amy said...

My husband also loves cheese and named our english bulldog, Wensleydale. Have you ever heard of that cheese before? It's an english cheese. Tastes nasty!

I love the new addition to your family. Adorable! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

We have been enjoying our first dog over here, too...a "Schnoodle"...which is also a hybrid/ mix/ expensive mutt...but the name "Schnnodle" does sound more macho (I think) than "Maltipoo". I have a friend who has a Maltipoo. They're great! Non-shedding, non-allergenic...I will pop back over to Cindy's blog to encourage her. I have always disliked dogs, but Crowder has become my sweet little boy...I'm sure she'll come around,too! My husband has!
~Deb C

Kathy in WA said...

Totally in love already!!