"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Friday, July 18, 2008

With a Capital T and that Rhymes With P

And that stands for "pool."

For those of you concerned over our pool's temporary lack of a pump/filter, you'll be happy to know that Mr. UPS brought the new one today. Within minutes I had it connected. Admittedly, it's an unprofessional job, seeing as how it's probably the wrong pump for the pool with mismatched hose sizes and all. Fortunately, I used to watch MacGyver, so armed only with a screwdriver, a lemon, some duct tape and a bobby pin, I was able to get it to operate perfectly [almost].

I really had expected the pool to turn green, hazy and slimy by now. After all, even WITH the pump last year, it still managed to get out of control in a matter of days. So why is it that it could go almost a week this year and stay crystal clear? I will not attempt to understand the ways of the pool.

Since the installation involved homemade connections, I fully anticipate that it may implode overnight, so I've instructed the kids to hurry up and get a summer's-worth of swimming in today, just in case.

Also, I read online (which makes it true) that poodles and malteses are natural swimmers. That was all the info I needed to throw Cheddar into the pool and see if he surfaced. He did!

(This isn't really Cheddar, but it looks just like him when wet. Pathetic, emaciated, bedraggled.)

No comments: