"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fundraising/Preservation Idea

With all the costs of activities for the kids, it's a great idea to get them involved in raising a little money to support their gymnastics/soccer/iTunes habits.

Evidently, my kids are a step ahead of us with a plan to raise an easy $20,000.



It's a bit unorthodox, but ransom notes may be the next fund raiser your school needs to consider.

By the way, I'd recommend having your children be more specific in their ransom notes than ours were. "That 1 tree in L.A." is pretty vague. I've been to L.A., and there are at least a dozen trees.
-------------------
O.K.
This isn't a serious fundraising idea. duh.
I couldn't just throw this note away when we found it. Obviously, the children were playing their usual games of pretending to kidnap and murder and steal and blow things up. (Clearly they're watching way too many old Disney flicks from the 70's.)

After all, we want to cherish these special memories. So out came the camera and the laptop to memorialize their ransom attempt forever.

You should use your blogs as well to preserve fond moments like these.

Ah. Fond moments indeed.

11 comments:

AmyG said...

LMBO... I think I would've died if I had seen that note. Great imagination your kiddos have!

Tammy said...

Priceless!

angie said...

Ok. So I have been lurking on your blog for a while, and I can stay silent no longer! HA HA HA HA HA! I laughed so hard when I read this. I often share your anecdotes and stories with my hubby, and he enjoys you so much, too. Thanks for sharing your life with this bloggy world.

Kritter Krit said...

Niiiiiiiiiice.

I bet your heart just about burst with Parental Pride at their resourcefulness. Who needs an allowance when you can write a Ransom Note? ;)

the hungarian said...

Those are some culturally relevant kids you have there! How did they know to ask for $20K and not $2K??

Aaron B. said...

ROTFL That's great. Sounds like the games my friends and I used to play. lol

FabTheMayor said...

I have an idea...sign my kid up as the one being kidnapped (the one in middle school...we're having technical difficulty...) and I'll spend the next 12 years trying to raise the $20,000 to free her!

All the Arnold's said...

HEY! Dog napping and blowing things up, yes. But there was no MURDER or people-napping. I draw the line at showing 8-year olds THAT. The robot dog won in the end, so what matters is that good prevails over evil. (Right?)

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Atta girls!!! :D

javamamma said...

So do your girls ever play "Man Vs. Wild"? And pretend to drink their own urine? Or is that just MY princesses? Just wondering.

Liza's Eyeview said...

That was cute. I agree, blogs are great for preserving fun memories like this :)