"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Sunday, August 24, 2008

Worth More Than Olympic Gold

The Olympics draw to a close.

And I will finally be able to go to bed at a decent hour. Or, more likely, stay up just as late watching something else.

There were so many incredible moments in this year's Olympics. Here's one I just read about today from Associated Press coverage over at msn.com:

...[IOC President Jacque] Rogge, who visited every venue, said the most touching
moment for him came after the 10-meter air pistol event, when gold medalist Nino
Salukvadze of Georgia embraced runner-up Natalia Paderina of Russia even as
their two countries’ armies fought back in Georgia.
“That kind of sportsmanship is really remarkable,” Rogge said.
So I hunted down a little video to get a glimpse myself. [note: the video shows these two are silver and bronze medalists, contrary to the msn article. maybe they've corrected it by now.]


I do pray for peace on earth. We may not be able to quickly change the course of governments, but as individuals we can affect our small corners of the world and extend the hand of peace, forgiveness and friendship to those who would be our enemies.

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you..." Jesus, from Matthew 5:43-44.

4 comments:

Aaron B. Huddleston said...

Wow. That is incredible. Not only the hug, but then, on the podium, they actually went and stood together and everything. :) That's awesome. :)

Tammy said...

I hope to get my sleep schedule back to a decent hour also. It's quite difficult to stay up until after 11pm only for the alarm to go off at 5:15am! I've got quite the luggage set going on under my eyes.

Very nice video, thanks for sharing. In my sleep deprived state I, somehow, missed this story!

Amy's Angels said...

Perfect post to read on a Monday morning!

Thank you! : )

Angi said...

How Awesome is that!