"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Sunday, September 21, 2008

And I Thought *I* was Bad...

We had a staff lunch after church. Now keep in mind that I work at a church, so this picnic was populated with ministers and church secretaries and such. You know, squeaky clean, halo-balancing, Bible-thumping church staffers. (Well, not completely. After all, I work there too.)

One of our friends commented on the glorious invention of the DVR--digital video recorder--to which Cindy replied:

"That is the world's greatest invention...well, that and the tampon."

I about choked on my green bean casserole. Generally, it's me who's making comments about unseemly things like that, so it's nice to know I'm rubbing off on her.

10 comments:

HootieMama said...

Okay! That was snort-inducing-hysterical! It even gave Ross the hiccups!! She did NOT really say that, did she?! Love it!

Tracie said...

LOVE IT!!!

Tammy said...

*SNORT* *Snicker* *cackle like a chicken*

Hilarious. And true! :-)

Emily said...

100-1 odds that the 'person' that you were talking to was a woman. I'd just be amazed if she spouted that off to a man. If she did? More power to her...when you're right, you're right. :)

carrie said...

You are Soooooooooooooo rubbing off on her!!!

Billie said...

She was right. They are the 2 best inventions I would want to have on a deserted island! Without DVR, I wouldn't be able to watch any TV. Of course my daughter gets annoyed when we have to watch commercials and she leaves the room to play. It does make TV time shorter too, I don't have to watch 20 minutes of commercials which is 20 minutes I can use doing something else productive.

Huse Blog is it Anyway? said...

I knew there was a reason I adored y'all!

ET @ Titus2:3-5 said...

I can't even express the hilarity of imagining the scnario! LOL!

david said...

That WAS pretty funny - and for the record, if my mind serves me correctly, I believe she did say it to a guy, Emily... :)

Thanks for letting me sit at the cool table yesterday!!

MLW said...

Holy moly! That's funny!