"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Friday, September 5, 2008

Note To Self

Must remember...

In the mornings, I put my contacts IN.
So when I wake up and groggily plod to the bathroom counter and set down my glasses and open up my contacts case, I must remember:

Do NOT claw and paw at my tender corneas attempting to take OUT contacts that are not there. Morning. Night. Two different routines. Keep them straight.

Perhaps by putting this reminder to myself here, I'm also helping others out there who also struggle with remembering not to jab the living daylights out of their eyeballs.

4 comments:

javamamma said...

I'm so sorry for your pain. Sounds like something I would do. ESPECIALLY sounds like something my hubby would do. {giggle}

Anonymous said...

What we won't do when we're half-asleep?!?

One groggy morning I put my glasses back on AFTER I had just put my contacts in. I couldn't figure out why everything was still foggy looking and thought that the glasses must've somehow gotten really dirty overnight.

Another thing I didn't realize you could do is stack contacts. One time when exchanging the old contacts with some new ones I forgot to take out the one old contact, and yes, popped another one right over it. It took some time to figure out WHY things were blurry in that eye. I took it out (the new one) once or twice and put it back in and it still didn't improve. By rubbing the eye, etc, I discovered the other contact... sigh.

Emily said...

Sounds like a laser surgery appt. is necessary. :)

Mo said...

Hello-
You don't know me... I somehow clicked my way to your wife's blog and have been reading both regularly for a while. You guys are hilarious :)

I just had to comment on this one though. As a long time contact wearer- no amount of warning will help. I've done this very thing...repeatedly. I've also pulled the whole stacking trick. It's ridiculous when you think about it- we, the blind, are expected to fumble around with these tiny, little, invisible things... at the two times of day when we are at our tiredest and least observant... and apply them to our eyeballs of all things. I think it may be some sort of government conspiracy to make all of us poor-sighted folks blind ourselves. Although, I don't know why the goverment would want to do such a thing...maybe some twisted experiment in natural selection?