"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Friday, October 10, 2008

[Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaasp!]

[Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasp!!]
That was the sound of me coming up for air after a full week of "not blogging."

Truth be told, the whole experiment was tongue-in-cheek, as I blogged daily about not blogging. (I know, I'm a dork.)

Kind of like when I did a lecture series to talk about my life-long vow of silence.

Anyway, even though the irony was wasted on a handful of very confused readers, I enjoyed at least imagining what it would mean to my life if I stopped blogging.

I love to write and create. In college, I wrote a humor column for our campus paper which was so stinkin' fun. I've written curriculum, scripts, songs, poems, and I'm due for a love letter any day now.

So I think as long as I'm living, I hope to be writing. And here in the blog, I will keeping developing my art.

And those of you who are too intelligent to understand my sense of humor, you will just have to suffer for my art.
------------
And because I don't want to overload your readers and subscription services with multiple posts in one day, I will tack on my latest political commentary here in this same post.

Sarah Palin.
The lady is cracking me up. Even if I hated absolutely everything she stood for, there is a sick piece of my heart that would want to vote for her and McCain for no other reason than to enjoy her speeches and interviews, and the rest of her fodder for humor for the next four years.

Yes, I know the presidential election is important and serious, but hey, if we're all going to lose our retirement savings, our houses, jobs and self-respect because of this economic crisis, let's at least have some elected officials who can breathe new life back into "Saturday Night Live."

7 comments:

rthling said...

Oh, I was worried when you said blog-out, and then amused while you blogged about your progress with blogging-out. But mostly I was tickled with the few who didn't 'get' your blogging about your blog-out.
So pardon me if I miss an underlying joke here about Sarah Palin and her humor on SNL, but you did know that isn't really her, didn't you?
Please tell me you knew.

Kirby3131 said...

I absolutely loved your blog-out 2008. It was a hoot to see a new post from you each day.

Kristin

AmyG said...

I loved your blog out. It was a lot of fun to read about you not blogging for an entire week.

Tammy said...

Phew, I am so glad I survived your blog out.....and just for the record I totally got it. It was brilliant, just brilliant.

Stretch Mark Mama said...

I have a hunch there are quite a few liberals on staff at SNL who will be voting for Tina Fey, oops I mean Palin. What did I hear? Their viewership went up 40%?

javamamma said...

"And those of you who are too intelligent to understand my sense of humor, you will just have to suffer for my art."

I am not in the too intelligent group cause I totally love your sense of humor!

EEEEMommy said...

Really? OMG, Are you kidding me?