"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Saturday, October 11, 2008

Rosetta Stone, Eat Your Heart Out

After a mere 4 months as a first-time dog owner, I'm pleased to announce that I have learned a few phrases in puppy-ese.

This weekend, as we are camping, Cheddar The Wonder Pup is seeing a lot of wildlife. And he is required by the laws of nature to announce everything he sees.

So after listening to a variety of yips and yaps for the last couple of days, here is what I've worked up as a translation.

"A squirrel! A squirrel! A squirrel!"
"A leaf! A leaf! A leaf!"
"A bug! A bug! A bug!"
"A chipmunk! A chipmunk! A chipmunk!"
"A speck of dust! A speck of dust! A speck of dust!"
"A neighboring camper with a mullet! A neighboring camper with a mullet! A neighboring camper with a mullet!"

Well, that last line took a bit of extra time to decipher, but if you pay close attention, you're able to hear a slight inflection at the end of the "snarl"...and the fact that he's barking at a man with a mullet is a big hint too.

3 comments:

carrie said...

You could create your OWN program ;)

Monica said...

Scott, I thought you might enjoy this link like no one else http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2008/09/going-to-dogs.html

Tammy said...

Yikes, I hope he never peruses my old college photos on my Facebook page. You make think there is an intruder in the house....when really it will be a mullet-fest.

Bless my heart.