"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Thursday, October 9, 2008

This Just In: BlogOut Takes a Bloody Turn

I can't tell you how much the support of my wife means to me during this long, difficult week of my BlogOut.

I've been working hard to stay committed to my goal of going this whole week without blogging, and Cindy has been right there by my side every step of the way.

Today, for example, Cindy had a nasty encounter that involved her flip-flops, the edge of the asphalt road, the nail on her big toe...and some blood.

And do you know the first thing she said to me?

"Hey, get the camera and take a picture of my toe so you can not blog about it."

So I did.

And since I'm right here near the end of Day 7, I'm not going to ruin my perfect record. Nothing could make me blog about my wife's toe. Not even a picture as blog-worthy as this:


For the record, I tried posing her grossly disfigured toe in front of some really nice fall decor for your viewing pleasure, but the background's out of focus, and I bet you're wishing she hadn't washed all the blood off first.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow too bad you couldn't blog about your wife's icky, I mean, injured toe. It could have been such a good post.

Blogger's rule #265: Photos first, First Aid later.

TAMI said...

Oh, I'm going to be SO GLAD when this BlogOut is over -- I'm missing you're posts terribly!!!

AmyG said...

We are missing out on so much in your life. Is the blog out over yet!?

Real Simple said...

blog out...i haven't really blogged in...but i have added more stories since i have been back from IN. miss you guys sooo much! will send pics.
sorry about the boo-boo! hope all better...i am sure an ice cream from the moose place would be good. we DIDN"T make it to that place! so sad molly wanted some eyes!