"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Friday, October 3, 2008

View From My Blogless Wasteland

I woke up this morning. It was like any other morning.

Only there was a certain je ne sais bloglessness about it.

It's true. I have officially begun BlogOut 2008: a whole week without blogging.

The first obvious difference was going to the bathroom in the morning and NOT bringing my Blackberry with me in order to check out everyone's recent posts via Google Reader. Seriously, folks, it felt weird to go to the bathroom and not spend 25+ minutes there.

What will I do with this new-found time? If my wife finds out about it, I'll end up with 25-minutes worth of work in the garage each morning, and that would really put a crimp in my style, so let's keep this info on the down-low.

Other than that, the first half-hour of this initial blogless day was like the first half-hour of any other day.

Fortunately, Fridays are typically my day off, so as withdrawal symptoms start to creep in, I'll be able to hang out right here curled up in a fetal position in a closet, sweating profusely, rocking back and forth, longing for just. one. more. blog. post.

But right now I'm o.k.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a positive report of my survival as I continue to abstain from blogging.

5 comments:

AmyG said...

Thanks for the morning chuckle! I'm glad being blog free is going so well, so far. I hope you make it the rest of the day, without incident! *giggles*

Big Doofus said...

I love irony.

debbie d. said...

huh? blogless wasteland? did Cheddar post this for you???

Gayle said...

You dork! (and I mean that in the most affectionate way) who else would blog about their blogging break?

(pssst - I take my laptop to the bathroom with me. Glad to know I'm not the only one.)

chickadee@afamiliarpath said...

let me know if you survive it. i don't think i could.