"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Friday, October 17, 2008

Warm Hands. Cold Heart.

Walking into the mall, 7-year-old Jenna has a moment of sweetness.

"Can I hold your hand, Mommy?"

I look over at Cindy and we drink in this all-too-rare moment.

Jenny continues with the tenderness as we walk further.

"Now I can make your hand warm."

I watch Cindy just melt with maternal satisfaction. Feeling like I should capitalize on this fleeting opportunity, I hint subtely:

"Gee, MY hand's starting to feel cold. WhatEVER shall I do?"

I repeat this a few times before Jenna coldly informs me that I'm free to rub my own hands together to warm them up..."like you always do."

Whatevuh, girlfriend.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Ha ha ha....poor Daddy got left out in the cold....literally.

My daughter always holds my hand when she wants something?! Go figure.

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

I think that seals the deal. I'm the favorite parent.

FabTheMayor said...

better go check my blog - you've got work to do...

Big Doofus said...

You got dissed by your own daughter? I'd ground her little behind for a week. That will teach her. :)