"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Thursday, November 6, 2008

"The Anxiety. It's KILLING Me!"

I really, really love how my wife verbalized her feelings following this week's elections on her blog yesterday. Many of you have probably already read it and know how perfectly she's put thoughts into actual words.

She cracked me up, though, as she was watching different local and national races on the computer and on TV. With only a small percentage of returns in for some races, she'd bite her nails and shudder and talk about how nerve-wracking following all this was.

So when you read her very-well-written (perfect) post that I wish I had been the one to write because it's good enough to be published in a serious magazine or something, you can appreciate it even more fully if you knew that several hours earlier, all she would've been able to get out was:

"Oh, no....oh, yes. Wait, that's just 4% of the precints, so anything
could happen still. Wait, it's updated. Now what does THAT number
mean? Oh, my heart can't take this all night! What if he
loses? What if he wins? OH NO! OH YES! O.K. if he can
just hold this lead, that'd be great. But I wonder what precints these
are. And what if it ends up too close to call? Oh, I can't stand the
pressure. The stress! How do the candidates handle this on election
night? Maybe I should start drinking. This is hard. Oh my oh
my oh my oh my..."

And you don't even want to know how she is during the results shows for American Idol.

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow, it's almost like you were eavesdropping in on my election return viewing.

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

You forgot to say that was about a local election for someone I care about. I'm not COMPLETELY insane!

Scott said...

"That was about a local election for someone she cares about. She's not COMPLETELY insane!"

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Dufus.

gail said...

i think cindy's post was perfect! you are right that it needs to be published in some magazine.

and yes, she needs something to drink on election night. maybe something with an umbrella