"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Monday, November 24, 2008

Growing Old Stinks

I don't think many people would argue with the truth of the title of this post.

We had lunch with my mother- and father-in-law a while back. I mean no disrespect as I describe their conversation. They can't help it that they've reached the age when it is common to discuss the following riveting subjects (actual topics while eating out at Chili's):

bowel dissections
prostate cancer
diahrrea
broken hips
and test after test after test.

At what age should I expect to start enjoying this stuff?

4 comments:

javamamma said...

Not til you 'grow old'. Those daughters of yours should prolong it atleast til Prom in a few years.

Tammy said...

Well, lemme see....my mom turns 62 next month and, ummm, 62 minus....
ok, somewhere about 55ish I think is the exact age. Give or take a decade, or so.

I won't even tell you what my mom has called and calls me about. Let's just say it ain't fun being the nurse of the family!!!!

Tyna said...

Amen! My grandparents often discuss prostate cancer, kidney infections and gum disease during meals. Lord love 'em!

Mr. E said...

Not sure if you have to like those things. I am already 41 (almost 42) and already talk about High Blodd Pressure, Cholesteral, Prostate Screenings, and some extra joint pain from trying to play raquetball like I did when I was 20! I also still can't spell raquetball, apparently! Ha