"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'm Sure It's Delicious

While on the hunt for a good Snowman-related craft for lots of kids, I stumbled upon an interesting concept on a website.

Snowman Poop.
Essentially, it's just some marshmallows in a zip-loc bag with a catchy poem about having been naughty and only deserving snowman poop. ("I hear you've been naughty, so here's the scoop: All you're getting from me is snowman poop.")

Clearly, this is not a craft we'll be doing with our children AT CHURCH, what with that whole philosophy of separation of church and poop.

Also of note is the "Related Articles" list on the snowman poop webpage. Not surprisingly, there was
* Reindeer poop
* Elf poop
* Grinch poop
* Panino Mediterraneo -- Mediterranean Sandwich

That kind of makes you wonder what you were eating last summer on that cruise of the Greek isles, eh?

Maybe you're Greek and can clue us in to what a Panini and holiday poop have in common.
Or maybe you have some genius snowman craft idea.
I'll take either in my comments.
Really.

-----------
For other ideas, mostly unrelated to poop, check out these WorksForMeWednesday ideas... from a gazillion relatively nice people.

11 comments:

Emily said...

I've got nothin' for your craft idea. Just wanted to give you a standing "O" for a blog post well written.
Humor? check.
Taste? check.
Grammar? check.

Your blog makes me smile. That's pretty cool. Thanks. (and I'm not being sarcastic either.)

Jodie said...

Hey, I got nothin' to do that I wouldn't rather put off. Let me see what I can find...

Ok, here are some links:
http://familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts/season/feature/famf19wintercraft/famf19wintercraft2.html

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=10125

Those two are cute.

And yes to what Emily said.

amy said...

Here's a great snowman ornament. Easy for kids. No poop required.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4560652_snowman-christmas-ornament.html

javamamma said...

I'm really surprised you hadn't heard of snowman poop. It's a delicacy around here. Fun craft too!

Big Doofus said...

I'll have to use the snowman poop trick with my little girls later this year. They will get a kick out of it.

backontrack2010 said...

Use a (new) gym sock, pack it with pillow stuffins, tie a piece of felt (scarf) to make a head, use buttons for eyes, nose, mouth and pipe cleaners for arms. Markers can be used to decorate it more.

Tammy said...

Greek girl here....


You see, you take the holiday poop, i.e. marshmallows and you gently place them on bread with peanut butter.....paninni press the whole thing (or use an iron) and VOILA instant holiday fluffter-nutter sandwiches. Serve with ice cold milk and a side of pringles.

See....you just gotta ask the right Greek person.

Amanda said...

I have a (nearly) 8yo boy who is currently obsessed with poop and other toilet-time activities. I will surely be the world's coolest mom when poop becomes a part of our craft time. Awesome!

June Bug said...

My favorite Christmas craft for kids is "Reindeer Food". All you gotta do is mix oatmeal with glitter, put it in a bag with a ribbon and directions to be sure and sprinkle the reindeer food on your lawn on Christmas Eve so the reindeer will know to stop at your house. The glitter makes "sparkles" that attract the reindeer, and looks pretty for us humans as well!

Debbie said...

I agree with Emily. Great post. Makes me want to read more.

His Girl said...

okay, so I'm home sick, and I'm a huge fan of your wife & her blog, and I've cruised over here several times, but just now sat down to actually read a few of your hysterical posts since I'm stuck here while my family is off eating turkey at my hubby's house.

all that to explain why I'm the last person on earth to crack up at your joke....

separation of church and poop! *snort* that's FUNNY!

(that's what 17 years in children's ministry will get you- the sense of humor of a 12 year old boy)