"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Saturday, November 22, 2008

Tastes Better Than It Looks, But Only A Little

I watch Man vs. Wild every once in a while just to learn some tips on what to do if I ever find myself stranded in the Sahara Desert, the Amazon or East L.A. From what I've learned from Bear Grylls (that's really the guy's name, I guess), if you want to live, you pretty much have to cut open an animal, eat its organs raw and drink whatever liquids you find in there. With the way the economy is going, you may want to start watching the show.

I'd like to think I'm as resourceful as Mr. Grylls.
Today, I made some lunch utilizing whatever materials were in the vicinity. In lieu of raw yak liver, grubs and elephant dung, I was fortunate enough to track down some leftover spaghetti, ground beef and cheese among other things.

I won't bother giving you the recipe; I'll just tell you how Cindy described it:

"It looks like dog poop."

Seriously.
I took offense and said, "I have NEVER said that about your cooking."

"Because I never make stuff that looks like dog poop."

Who cares what she thinks. Bear Grylls would've eaten it...especially if he thought it was poop.
---------------
Disclaimer: I apologize for so many mentions of the word "poop." Next time I write a post like this, I'll preface it with a warning like "Poop Alert!" so that those of you with severe poop allergies can go get your epi-pens before you read further.

4 comments:

javamamma said...

We love Bear around here! Noodles and cheese would attract my kids, no matter what it looked like.

Kritter Krit said...

You are an absolute laugh riot! I should know better by now than to eat anything while reading your posts, but apparently I'm a slow learner. I just snorted apple onto my screen.

Bear makes me queasy every time I try to watch him with the hubs. Thank goodness he ate some weeds and flowers the last time I tuned in. Later he found some worms and other assorted crawlies. That was much easier to witness.

Mr. E said...

I have never watched the show, but if the "poop" tasted like brownies, then I'm all in!

Heather said...

I just "discovered" Bear the other day! I must say that, although some of the things he ate made me gag, he's quite impressive.