"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Sunday, November 23, 2008

::.. :..:. : ::. ::..:.. ::.:.::.. . :. .: You Have To Touch The Screen To Read The Title of This Post

It's not like you really care about the restroom signs at our church, but maybe some other signs may be of interest to you.

I'm assuming the same company that provided us with the aforementioned grammaticaly-challenged "MENS" and "WOMENS" signs also produced the other room signs we've had for the last several years.

Like the signs welcoming members and guests to our "Worship Center." A nice bonus touch on these signs was the addition of Braille for our seeing-impaired friends.

It would've been even more thoughtful if they hadn't placed the signs ABOVE THE DOORS, out of reach of the very hands necessary for reading braille.

So whenever a blind person attends, I guess we have to whip out a step ladder so they can feel around above the doorways as they figure out what room they're about to enter...and pray to God that no one throws open the doors in their faces.

While we're on the subject, is anyone else disturbed by the braille on drive-up ATM machines? If a person can't read the buttons on an ATM machine, should he/she really be behind the wheel of a car?

I'm sure there's a logical explanation for those. Just like there's probably a logical explanation for braille bumper stickers or a braille sign that says "DANGER: DO NOT TOUCH."

[By the way, I must know: how many of you actually felt your computer screen on the title?]

------------
After re-reading this post, I hope other readers recognize that I'm not making fun of those with vision impairment. I'm mocking the cruel, evil sign-making industry.
...and whoever orders the signs for our church.

11 comments:

javamamma said...

I didn't touch the screen so ha.

Mr. E said...

I think the vision impared would figure out the Danger: Not Touch without needing the little bumbs; especially if it is hot.

Tessa said...

I soooo did not touch the screen!
LOL :o)
-Tessa

Anonymous said...

I totally did I'm embarrassed to say. Completely gullible that way.

mom huebert said...

I, too, have wondered about the odd placements of braille, especially on drive-thru ATMs. Hmm. Makes me want to start looking for what other strange and possibly unhelpful places braille has been put....

Emily said...

I did not touch the computer screen.

was it real braille?

David said...

I've always wondered about those signs above the worship center. I never understood why they had braille!! Haha.

Tammy said...

I must admit, I too have wondered about the Braille on the drive-thru ATM! And, NO, I did not touch the screen.

rthling said...

At the risk of sounding like I am now mocking the visually impaired, I don't think anyone who is afflicted with the condition will be offended at your post. They won't be able to read it.

Big Doofus said...

I licked my computer screen...and I'm not sure why.

Jerralea said...

I thought about touching the screen ...

You crack me up!

I put a link to your blog on my blog. I don't want anyone to miss getting a laugh!