"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's Beginning To Look A Scoatch Like Christmas

I'm home from work today, keeping watch over a child and her vomit.

Don't worry about me, though. I have a big, long to-do list to keep me company. And, as I always do when I have a to-do list, I have found a number of things that "need" to be done that aren't even on the list, like trying to Christmas-ify my blog header (the big title block at the top).

Before you get all impressed and say, "Great idea, Scott," please know that what you should say is, "Great idea that you stole from someone else, Scott."

Well, my lovely wife Christmas-ified her blog header this week, and I do everything she does. She started blogging; I started blogging. She started having children; I started having children. She started wearing fishnet stockings; I started wearing fishnet stocking. Just kidding. I did that all on my own.

Here's what I've worked up so far:
It's no Mona Lisa, but it does have a bald man in a Santa hat which is the modern equivalent. You really can't go wrong with that. I need to put some finishing touches on it, like maybe I need a glowing red nose.

There will be time enough for the 27 things on the to-do list later...well, actually no, but we'll cross that poorly constructed bridge when we come to it.

And for Marie, here is our house with the wreaths all in place (#14 on the to-do list...check).
For the record, it looks like a big house from the front, but it's only like 3 feet deep. I don't know how it doesn't fall over.

9 comments:

Starr said...

Hello - new reader here! Love the wreaths! Makes me want a house with windows like that...

Becca and Adam said...

like the new header - and the wreaths :-) you make me laugh!

AmyG said...

Loving both the new header & the wreaths! Great job!

Emily said...

vomit jobs are never fun. almost as fun as wreath jobs on a huge two story house!

javamamma said...

Wowsers! Is that really your house? Way sweet.

Tammy said...

Both tasks look awesome. Now, seriously, what program do you use to make your header??

Marie said...

Thank you so very much for the pic of the house with the wreaths ACTUALLY in place. They do look nice. Now if you put 2x4's in the back to prop it up, the weight of the wreaths won't make your house fall down.
Your welcome.

Hugs,
Marie
p.s. I own a lumberyard lol

MLW said...

The house looks great, Scoot. What app do you use to create your new header? It looks good.

Stretch Mark Mama said...

I knew it! Your house is being held up by 2x4s, just like in the Westerns.