"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Friday, December 5, 2008

Mommy Needs A Break

Cindy is regularly voted "Parent Most Likely To Not Be A Screw Up" in our weekly family election. At least I'm a shoe-in for runner-up.

While I have minor lapses and forget to feed the kids, pay the bills or unplug the toaster before taking it in the bathtub, Cindy is generally on top of things.

But sometimes, once in a very great while, she has a moment like today:

Cindy: "OK, kids. While we're gone, I want you to empty the dishwasher and then fill it up with dirty clothes."

The election could be a little closer this week.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Well, in her defense, I DID wash a ballcap and a pair of Crocs in mine this week.

Do those count as "clothes"? ;)

I've been having a few of those mis-speaks myself lately. I understand all to well, and yes, my kids have quickly picked up on them and had great laughs!

Just doing what I can to lighten the mood a little!

Hoping that all the dirty DISHES found their way into the dishwasher. ;)

Tammy said...

My favorite thing to find is trash in the dirty clothes hamper. And not because my kids or hubby put it there! Or I'll put the milk back up in the cabinet where the glasses go.

Man, I didn't know this would win me an award....like "most likely to enter the nursing home, first".

TAMI said...

Nice re-do on the blog header!

Emily said...

I like your blog profile WAY better than your facebook profile.

and give your woman some money and let her go shopping.

HootieMama said...

Pssst...I know exactly what will cure that problem!!! Really cute, black UGG boots -- size 6.5 in the half boot style! ;-)

Okay, so maybe not really! But, her feet will be toasty warm and stylin' while she's being forgetful! Would work for me! ;-)

(Remember, I graduated from the School of Medicine, but I'm not a doctor.)

Jill

rthling said...

AH-HA! I caught you! You made a mistake! I knew if I hung around for a while I would catch you!

The term would actually be 'shoo-in.'
Most people get that wrong. Google it. I promise.
Cindy SO wins again. Sorry Dude.

Okay, I'm just teasing you. You know I love your blog, and it's not just because I like men who admit to being wrong.

THEhooahwife said...

hahaha! I have those regularly!