"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Friday, December 5, 2008

Post #305

Now that I've passed the 300-post milestone, I feel like my blog should evolve and take on a more sophisticated tone.

I've investigated other blogs that represent the kind of serious maturity one might expect of a man of my experience and wisdom.

So I may just try my hand at intriguing posts on financial wisdom, understanding women, deep theologicial issues and astrophysics.

Awwww. Who am I kidding?

My dog just devoured half a loaf of french bread he found in the driveway (no clue where it came from). I tried to take it away because I know his stomach is only so big. I'm going to hang around a bit to see if he's going to vomit it all up or get diarrhea or something. I really don't want Cindy to come home and find Cheddar swimming in a sea of reconstituted french bread.

THAT'S the kind of stuff my friends expect me to write about. If you want a discourse on predestination, hedge funds or the feasibility of wormholes, I have other friends who can cover those quite well.

I should stick to what I know: poop, cheese, vomit, laziness, cheese, television, eating, cheese, and raising four wonderful little girls under the careful supervision of my lovely wife.
----
Updated to add: So far so good with Cheddar and the loaf of bread. His belly hasn't exploded yet. But if it does, you can bet I'll turn it into one heckuva post for ya'.

7 comments:

AmyG said...

Definitely don't change! And I hope Cheddar's stomach doesn't explode... that could be gross!

Becca and Adam said...

I kind of hope it does so we can read all about it :-) just kidding - I've experienced my fair share of doggie explosions . . . and I dont wish it on anyone!

Stretch Mark Mama said...

You know. I give a lot of thought to this. I'm a smarty-pants kind of person who loves a nerdy discussion. But when I sit down to read blogs? Mostly I want to laugh. And the people's blogs that I ALWAYS, ALWAYS read first are the people who make me laugh. I try to do that on my blog, but I'm not always successful. Anyway, thanks for making me and the rest of cyberspace laugh. We so desperately need it.

Expect my next comment to be full of snark. Gotta balance out the universe, you know.

Tammy said...

When my Labrador was a puppy she somehow got into the dog food bin. Her stomach swelled like a balloon, had to get it "pumped" and she left us a nice pachyderm sized gift in the living room the next morning!

It could be worse.

THEhooahwife said...

haha. Please don't change! I'm guaranteed a laugh when I read your blog. And I need that laugh. Laughing makes you healthier and reduces stress, and my life is kinda stressful. So for my health, please don't change! =)

Amy said...

Hi there! I'm a friend of Angel's and just wanted to let y'all know that I thouroughly enjoy yours and Cindy's blogs!

Scott said...

Thank you, Amy. And your endorsement check is in the mail.