"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Save Yourself Literally TENS of Seconds This Christmas

[insert intro music for infomercial here]

Hi, my name is Scott, and I'm here to tell you about a revolutionary idea that will save you tens of seconds throughout the course of this holiday season and keep you safe and healthy as well.

Are you tired of climbing under your Christmas tree to reach the outlet to plug in and unplug the lights every day?
Do you end up cussing and/or crying when you reach into the tree to turn on the lights only to get a pine needle right in your eye?
Does all the trouble of dealing with those stupid lights make you consider converting to one of those non-tree-lighting religions once and for all?

Then let me share a secret that will save you from all that back-breaking, eye-poking, religion-losing heartache.

I bought a fancy-schmancy cord with a big fat button in the middle of it. It's designed to be stepped on to turn things on and off.
I don't remember how much I spent on the two that we bought, but they more than paid for themselves by reducing the frequency of December visits to the chiropractor and eye-surgeon.
-----
Every Wednesday you can visit RocksInMyDryer to check out the massive list of people who wish that they had Works-For-Me-Wednesday ideas as wonderful as mine to share.

9 comments:

javamamma said...

Who turns off their lights? Our tree stays lit for the ENTIRE month.

Fire hazard? Hasn't happened yet....

40winkzzz said...

We have two of those. They are way too tempting for the kids to play with, and my kids aren't even little anymore. (One of them is 47.) We also now have something even better: a house in which many of the outlets are activated by light switch! Flipping a switch is even easier than stepping on a big fat red button, though it isn't half as much fun.

Kirsty said...

I want one! It would save tens of MINUTES for me, ours is so out of the way and the lights aren't on as often as they could be because of the inconvenience. Where did you get yours? thanks!

mub said...

I love these switches, but I haven't been able to find one since I moved to Europe. They don't know what they're missing out on!

Becky K. said...

Hey Scott,
You are invited to win yourself a Candy Cane candle by coming up with a witty explanation for a photo on my blog. Come on over.
I'm going to go invite Cindy too.

THEhooahwife said...

What a great gadget! I'll have to be on the lookout for one.

Audra Krell said...

You.are.hilarious. This was really funny and a great tip. Are you on twitter? If not you should be, I'd follow for sure, just for a daily dose of humor!

Kritter Krit said...

LOVE.THE.BUTTON!

Big Doofus said...

In the true spirit of Christmas, my kids would hunt me down and beat me to a pulp if I turned off the lights on the Christmas tree. You haven't experienced Christmas until you've been beaten to the point where you have to visit the ER.