"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Friday, January 2, 2009

I Haven't Screwed 2009 Up Yet

I've been able to keep my New Year's resolutions so far. To this point, I haven't done any of the following
(Wish I could have said the same thing EVERY year):

- Tripped on frozen horse poop in a McDonald's parking lot and patched up my chin with stitches.
- Took a youth group to King's Island amusement park and left the tickets back in my office desk.
- Called my wife "Mother"
- Called my mom "Honey"
- Wet my pants
- Told an off-color joke in the presence of my senior minister
- Wore a skirt
- Left a baby home alone in a crib
- Snorted Altoid dust
- Ate a Bacon-and-Cheese-Flavored Cricket

All of those are things I have done in the past with the exception of the last one. The crickets were a gift from my nieces that we forgot to sample when we all got together last week. (Ain't that a cryin' shame.) I'm really hoping they'll forget all about them when we get together next time.

I hope you're having as much success with your resolutions.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

5 comments:

Big Doofus said...

I have faith in you. You'll screw it up soon enough. So will I. Happy New Year.

javamamma said...

If those were my New Year's Resolutions, I'd be doing good so far too. :)

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Whose baby did you leave home in a crib???? Not mine, right?!

Kritter Krit said...

And the prize goes to:

"...tripped on frozen horse poop."

THAT is funny stuff. =)

Jennifer Raack said...

When your nieces come and want to sample the crickets, just grab one of those blocks of cheese and wrap the crickets in it. Cheese makes everything better!