"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Out of Context

At lunch last week, my friend Tim asked me:
"So...are any of your girls 18 yet?"

He did not mean for it to come out the way that those around us thought it sounded.

But that really doesn't matter, because with each retelling of his line, we insert winks, eyebrow raises, beady eye glares or creepy smiles where the lips curve up revealing a gold tooth that sparkles and makes that "ting!" sound. I think it embarrasses him slightly.

Any guesses why 31-year-old Tim wants to know if any of my preteen girls are 18 yet?
I'm sure you can come up with some interesting guesses before I reveal the interesting truth.

9 comments:

javamamma said...

I got nothin'.

Tina Miles said...

Voting? Filling out FASA Applications for college? Getting ready to move out so you can turn their old room into an office/guest room/craft room/ gym/ room to rent out for extra cash?

Big Doofus said...

Does he have sons?

david said...

I know the answer, so I won't spoil it for everyone else. But that made me laugh. :) Haha.

Emily said...

Trying to recruit other Newland Plasma Donors?

Tammy said...

Ummm, he's looking for a blonde bombshell model for the cover of his magazine.....

*shrug*

Kritter Krit said...

Yikes. I can't come up with anything that doesn't involve Slimy Gold-Tooth Tim.

Will be anxiously awaiting the answer.

rthling said...

Not in a clever mood today, so my guess is that he coaches a sport team, and your girls are very good at whatever sport he coaches. But they have to be 18 to be on the team.

Chris said...

He's a "community organizer" looking for new eligible voters.