"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snowed In

I know that some areas of the country are well-equipped to deal with 15 feet of snow.

However, our part of southern Indiana is blanketed under 10 inches of snow. And under that luxurious blanket of snow is another blanket (or maybe an afghan, coverlet, antimacassar or SnuggyTM) of ice.

Schools are closed.
The university is closed.
The county offices are closed.
And I'm going to imagine that my office is closed.
I feel that if I close my eyes and imagine hard enough, the imaginary closed office can become a reality. Even if the place is open, I suppose I can call my secretary and ask her to put a "CLOSED" sign on my particular door.

After all, my kids have requested a snow fort.

10 comments:

javamamma said...

Then I'd just bring a signed note from your kids when you show up TOMORROW. Make the fort! Keep the office closed.

AmyG said...

Stay warm...

They close school for 1/2 inch here, lol.

rthling said...

Hey, and while you're enjoying a snow day with the kids, you can change your little header, and trade the santa hat for a football helmet or something!

Scott said...

all right, rthling (Diane). I've taken you advice and updated my header. What would I do without you?

Becca and Adam said...

haha your new header? cracks me up! I cant believe we haven't even had any flurries here this winter!!

rthling said...

I LOVE it!
You are so creative!

Tammy said...

Ya' think I could bring my Southern kids up for a brief visit....they've NEVER seen a snow fort (which I almost typed snot fort).

Love the new header too.

Emily said...

That header is AMAZING> How did you do it? And why do some people get all the talent? Singing, writing, drawing...Dodge Ball-ing. You have the skillz Pastor Scott.

So, why aren't you playing Scrabble against me on Facebook yet?

Big Doofus said...

We're actually "snowed in" in our neighborhood. My vehicles will not make it through the snow until they come and plow--and it's nearly 4pm already.

G.L.H. said...

I am completely impressed that you know the word antimacassar. Now, do you know where it comes from?

--Barbara