"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Thursday, January 15, 2009

We Have A Winner!

In my last post, my friend Tim creeped you out with his "are any of your daughters 18 years old yet" question.

We had some great guesses as to why Tim was asking this awkward question.
It turns out that rthling (Diane) was right on with her guess:

"...my guess is that he coaches a sport team, and your girls are very good at whatever sport he coaches. But they have to be 18 to be on the team."

She hit the nail on the head! Tim is our Dodge Ball team coach!
It wasn't really a contest, and I don't really have a prize for you, Diane. But the smug satisfaction that you were so stinkin' right will at least help get you through another day.
------------
Speaking of not winning...
We signed up with our bank to qualify for free stuff when we use our debit card as a credit card. Essentially, we choose to sign for purchases instead of punching in our PIN. No big whoop. But every so often, some random bank customer will find that they're the winner and that specific purchase will be paid for by the bank.

That can be really cool when you're making a ginormous purchase like 500 rolls of toilet paper at the warehouse store.

However, today I was pumping gas in suz-zero temperatures, and the gas was frozen or empty or something, so it took a laborious 2 minutes to pump ONE DOLLAR's worth of gas.

I stopped and decided to head to another station for faster and more liquid gas.
The thought crossed my mind: "I'll probably win and get that whole dollar of gas for free."

4 comments:

rthling said...

I won???
I'll just say what Dorothy from 'We're not in Kansas anymore' would have said...
I'd like to thank all the little people...
And now, I shall carry on through the rest of my day in smug satisfaction.
Teehee!

Emily said...

and was the 'so mentioned and wooed' girl your Shelbie? I'd wager on that one. Especially since Cindy says that she made little girls cry at the mere THOUGHT of playing against her team. "Not Shelbie's team!"

Tammy said...

Hey, free gas is free gas!

Angi said...

Slow gas so gets on my nerves. I don't know why it upsets me so much. BUT, free slow gas - I could wait all day long . . . .